Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Startup problem

Startup problem

Ajit Goswami

I wish to keep a program (Spysubtract) that came with the original machine,
but do not want it to start each time I boot the machine. However, when I
unselect it from the startup list in msconfig, I keep getting a warning
that, since I have modified the original system configuration, the windows
henceforth will run in a modified diagnostic mode. Any suggestion? The
system I use is Windows XP (SP2) and Pentium 4.

Andrew

"Ajit Goswami" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I wish to keep a program (Spysubtract) that came with the original machine,
>but do not want it to start each time I boot the machine. However, when I
>unselect it from the startup list in msconfig, I keep getting a warning
>that, since I have modified the original system configuration, the windows
>henceforth will run in a modified diagnostic mode. Any suggestion? The
>system I use is Windows XP (SP2) and Pentium 4.

Make sure it is not in your startup file.

[Start] [All Programs] [Startup] If it is then right click the name of the
program in startup and delete it

Make sure it is not in your registry.

[Start] [Run] [Regedit]
Registry Key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Run
Right click the program you don't want to load and click Delete.
Exit Registry and Reboot

Andrew

--
http://mrtransmissionsucks.com

To email me remove the NOSPAM in my email address

Nikita1984@gmail.com

You can also look in the program settings. Usually it should be an
option about loading on startup.
Nikita

Unk

On Tue, 15 Nov 2005 06:49:48 -0500, "Ajit Goswami" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I wish to keep a program (Spysubtract) that came with the original machine,
>but do not want it to start each time I boot the machine. However, when I
>unselect it from the startup list in msconfig, I keep getting a warning
>that, since I have modified the original system configuration, the windows
>henceforth will run in a modified diagnostic mode. Any suggestion? The
>system I use is Windows XP (SP2) and Pentium 4.

Click Start, Run. In the Run box, type "regedit" without the quotes and click OK
Work your way to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Run\
and delete the "MSConfig" entry or, download a script to do it for you:

Remove "Selective Startup" Reminder
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_d...nomsconfig.htm