Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Keypadlinc home automation controller interferes with homeplug powerline network!

Keypadlinc home automation controller interferes with homeplug powerline network!

mike2711@yahoo.com

I have a homeplug ethernet powerline network
(http://www.gigafast.com/products/pro.../PE902-EBx.htm) linking
my computers together that has always been reliable. It operates at a
different frequency than X10 home automation signals. I just installed
a Keypadlinc
(12073W), which is a wall controller and it killed the network. I tried
disabling the "boosterlinc"
feature and it didn't help! I grabbed an extension cord and plugged the
homeplug ethernet bridge into a different outlet on same cicuit, still
won't work! I then tried plugging it into a different circuit and it
works. Is there any fix or do I need to bite the bullet and go
wireless??

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

> I have a homeplug ethernet powerline network
> (http://www.gigafast.com/products/pro.../PE902-EBx.htm) linking
> my computers together that has always been reliable. It operates at a
> different frequency than X10 home automation signals. I just installed
> a Keypadlinc
> (12073W), which is a wall controller and it killed the network. I tried
> disabling the "boosterlinc"
> feature and it didn't help! I grabbed an extension cord and plugged the
> homeplug ethernet bridge into a different outlet on same cicuit, still
> won't work! I then tried plugging it into a different circuit and it
> works. Is there any fix or do I need to bite the bullet and go
> wireless??

Err ... use an extension cord to another circuit?

Mitch

In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Is there any fix or do I need to bite the bullet and go
> wireless??

I doubt there is anything you can do. If these two technologies
conflict with each other, then you simply can't use them together.

Supressing the ctrl-c and other keys during word automation in automation apondu ASP .Net 0 07-19-2007 09:10 PM
Powerline ethernet gene martinez Cisco 5 02-22-2006 11:52 PM
Anyone else using homeplug equipment? Terry Olsen Computer Support 0 08-08-2004 05:21 PM
Powerline Ethernet Jim PKP Computer Support 7 03-02-2004 06:01 PM
Re: Proxy interferes with Session State? Natty Gur ASP .Net 0 07-23-2003 03:27 AM

Advertisments