Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Problem copying and moving files

Problem copying and moving files

rfdjr1@optonline.net

I recently had to do a reinstall/repair of Windows XP Pro. Now when I go to move
or copy files from one folder to another in Windows Explorer, a box comes up
saying:

"Please wait while Windows configures Easy CD and DVD Creator 6"

Another box then opens which says:

"Easy CD and DVD Creator 6
The feature you are trying to use is on a CD-ROM or other removable disk that is
not available."

I haven't used this program in years. Didn't like it as it caused me too many
headaches. And I've never installed it on this machine. I have noticed that a
couple of other programs, like MS Office had me put the CD in the drive the
first time I tried to use it after the reinstall/repair, so I'm assuming it has
something to do with updating the registry in the new installation.

But where is Easy CD and DVD Creator 6? I can't find it on the Windows XP Pro
CD.

Thanks.

Plato

> I recently had to do a reinstall/repair of Windows XP Pro. Now when I go to move
> or copy files from one folder to another in Windows Explorer, a box comes up
> saying:
>
> "Please wait while Windows configures Easy CD and DVD Creator 6"

Guess you dont read the docs, ie disable background apps before you
reinstall.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

PC

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
snip
> But where is Easy CD and DVD Creator 6? I can't find it on the Windows XP
> Pro
> CD.

snip

Easy CD and DVD Creator 6 are 'not' part of XP nor are they part of 'any'
Microsoft product.
To remedy your problem you will have to find the Install CD that those
programs originally came on.
Look for something with either 'Adaptec' or 'Roxio' on the cover.

PeeCee

rfdjr1@optonline.net

On Tue, 15 Nov 2005 23:26:29 +1300, "PC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>snip
>> But where is Easy CD and DVD Creator 6? I can't find it on the Windows XP
>> Pro
>> CD.

>snip
>
>Easy CD and DVD Creator 6 are 'not' part of XP nor are they part of 'any'
>Microsoft product.
>To remedy your problem you will have to find the Install CD that those
>programs originally came on.
>Look for something with either 'Adaptec' or 'Roxio' on the cover.
>
>PeeCee

Alternatively, can I just remove Easy CD and DVD Creator? I see it listed in
installed programs in the Control Panel Add/Remove Programs list.

rfdjr1@optonline.net

On 15 Nov 2005 00:16:02 -0600, Plato <|@|.|> wrote:

>(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>>
>> I recently had to do a reinstall/repair of Windows XP Pro. Now when I go to move
>> or copy files from one folder to another in Windows Explorer, a box comes up
>> saying:
>>
>> "Please wait while Windows configures Easy CD and DVD Creator 6"

>Guess you dont read the docs, ie disable background apps before you
>reinstall.

Disable background apps before I reinstall what? Windows? I couldn't get into
Windows at all, even in safe mode. That's why I had to do a repair/reinstall. SO
I guess I just couldn't disable any background apps.