Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Hard Drive Enclosure

Hard Drive Enclosure

Me/PDX

I am looking for a Hard Drive Enclosure for a 4" external hard drive that I
have never installed.

Hard drive is: Maxtor 120G 8M 7200/133
HDI-MAX-120G-8MB
DiamondMax Plus 9
120GB ATA/133 HD
Model: 6Y120P0032811

Can you help?
Thanks,

Plato

Me/PDX wrote:

> I am looking for a Hard Drive Enclosure for a 4" external hard drive that I
> have never installed.

Computer retail stores? Online stores? Which ones have you tried?

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

Me/PDX

I just looked in today's sale ad for Comp USA and only see one for 3" and
Best Buy add for today has only the 3". I looked on the web site
www.geeks.com and saw that someone has seen them for 2 1/2" , 3" and 5 1/2"
but not 4".
Let me know if you come across one for the 4".
Thanks for your consideration and assistance!!!

"Plato" <|@|.|> wrote in message
news:4378249f$0$197$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Me/PDX wrote:
> >
> > I am looking for a Hard Drive Enclosure for a 4" external hard drive

that I
> > have never installed.

> Computer retail stores? Online stores? Which ones have you tried?
>

> --
> http://www.bootdisk.com/

Me/PDX

Plato........see below.........do you think that 3.5"/5.25" means that it
will fit everything from 3.5" through 5.25"?
Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://shop2.outpost.com/product/377...H:MAIN_RSLT_PG
ADS USBX-804 USB2.0 3.5"/5.25" Hard Drive/CDRW/CDR/DVDRW Enclosure Kit
5.25" USB Enclosures:

"Plato" <|@|.|> wrote in message
news:4378249f$0$197$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Me/PDX wrote:
> >
> > I am looking for a Hard Drive Enclosure for a 4" external hard drive

that I
> > have never installed.

> Computer retail stores? Online stores? Which ones have you tried?
>

> --
> http://www.bootdisk.com/

Mitch

In article <vhVdf.7475$(E-Mail Removed)>, Me/PDX
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I am looking for a Hard Drive Enclosure for a 4" external hard drive that I
> have never installed.

Where do you get that four-inch number?

If you are measuring the width, that isn't the measurement that they
are talking about -- it's the platter width inside.
You are holding a 3.5 inch drive.
Other common sizes are 2.5 inch and 5.25 inch.
(Not 3, 4, or 5.5)

So you are trying to find an enclosure for a 3.5 inch drive.

That would be most of them.

Me/PDX

Mitch,
Thanks a million!!!!!!!!!!

"Mitch" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:131120052032184731%(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <vhVdf.7475$(E-Mail Removed)>, Me/PDX
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > I am looking for a Hard Drive Enclosure for a 4" external hard drive

that I
> > have never installed.

> Where do you get that four-inch number?
>
> If you are measuring the width, that isn't the measurement that they
> are talking about -- it's the platter width inside.
> You are holding a 3.5 inch drive.
> Other common sizes are 2.5 inch and 5.25 inch.
> (Not 3, 4, or 5.5)
>
> So you are trying to find an enclosure for a 3.5 inch drive.
>
> That would be most of them.

Mitch

In article <P7Wdf.7209$(E-Mail Removed)>, Me/PDX
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Plato........see below.........do you think that 3.5"/5.25" means that it
> will fit everything from 3.5" through 5.25"?
> Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!
> http://shop2.outpost.com/product/377...H:MAIN_RSLT_PG
> ADS USBX-804 USB2.0 3.5"/5.25" Hard Drive/CDRW/CDR/DVDRW Enclosure Kit
> 5.25" USB Enclosures:

CD drives are only 5.25"; I wouldn't be surprised if the hard drive
bracket were big enough for 5.25", too; probably the same piece.

I found some good prices and unusual enclosures on newegg.com before:

http://www.newegg.com/ProductSort/Su...SubCategory=92

I'm not sure everyone's experience with newegg has been positive,
though. Mine was good.

Toolman Tim

In news:vhVdf.7475$(E-Mail Removed) ,
Me/PDX spewed forth:
> I am looking for a Hard Drive Enclosure for a 4" external hard drive
> that I have never installed.
>
> Hard drive is: Maxtor 120G 8M 7200/133
> HDI-MAX-120G-8MB
> DiamondMax Plus 9
> 120GB ATA/133 HD
> Model: 6Y120P0032811
>
> Can you help?
> Thanks,

ebay. I've bought several there for around $11 to $13 after shipping.

like an idiot.

Ralph Wade Phillips

Howdy!

"Me/PDX" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:vhVdf.7475$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> I am looking for a Hard Drive Enclosure for a 4" external hard drive that

> have never installed.
>
> Hard drive is: Maxtor 120G 8M 7200/133
> HDI-MAX-120G-8MB
> DiamondMax Plus 9
> 120GB ATA/133 HD
> Model: 6Y120P0032811

Just a note - that's a 3.5" drive.

Try measuring the WIDTH not the DEPTH - that is,the size between the
mounting holes, not from IDE connector to front.

THAT said - if you're in the USA (hard to say, no hints from you),
try www.geeks.com and check their drive enclosures.

RwP