Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > How to stop Yahoo messenger from checking mail?

How to stop Yahoo messenger from checking mail?

John Dalberg

I can't find a setting in Yahoo Messenger to make it stop checking my Yahoo
mail. Any suggestions?

--
John Dalberg

Plato

John Dalberg wrote:

> I can't find a setting in Yahoo Messenger to make it stop checking my Yahoo
> mail. Any suggestions?

When you asked Yahoo, what did they say?

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

pcbutts1

Sign out.

"John Dalberg" <(E-Mail Removed)2> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> I can't find a setting in Yahoo Messenger to make it stop checking my
> Yahoo
> mail. Any suggestions?
>

> --
> John Dalberg

John Dalberg

On 14 Nov 2005 01:30:02 -0600, Plato wrote:

> John Dalberg wrote:
>>
>> I can't find a setting in Yahoo Messenger to make it stop checking my Yahoo
>> mail. Any suggestions?

> When you asked Yahoo, what did they say?

There doesn't seem to be a way to contact them.

--
John Dalberg

Trax

John Dalberg <(E-Mail Removed)2> wrote:

|>> When you asked Yahoo, what did they say?

|>There doesn't seem to be a way to contact them.

Different approach if you can't stop it thru options, try Gaim
http://sourceforge.net/projects/gaim/

--
Security Alert: Don't Use Sony's Web-based XCP Uninstaller!
http://www.freedom-to-tinker.com/?p=926

Plato

John Dalberg wrote:

> >> I can't find a setting in Yahoo Messenger to make it stop checking my Yahoo
> >> mail. Any suggestions?

> > When you asked Yahoo, what did they say?

> There doesn't seem to be a way to contact them.

Then get a refund. Tell your credit card company to NOT pay the charge.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

John Dalberg

On 15 Nov 2005 00:13:02 -0600, Plato wrote:

>>> When you asked Yahoo, what did they say?

>> There doesn't seem to be a way to contact them.

> Then get a refund. Tell your credit card company to NOT pay the charge.

Refund for what!? I didn't pay for anything.

--
John Dalberg

keon.starfire@gmail.com

John Dalberg wrote:
> I can't find a setting in Yahoo Messenger to make it stop checking my Yahoo
> mail. Any suggestions?

Ditch Yahoo's bloated client and give Trillian a shot. Replaces AIM,
MSN, Yahoo! and more. I've been using it for over 3 yrs now... great
app. http://www.trillian.cc/

-KS