Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Windows Media Player Install Error

Windows Media Player Install Error

LookImSorry

Whenever I go to install WIndows Media Player 9 on a Windows 2000
system, I get the following error (following the install process, this
is at run time):
title: setup_wm.exe - Entry Point Not Found
txt: The procedure entry point GetUserGeoID could not be located in the
dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll

What could be causing this, and how do I fix it?

Thanks

chrispsg

Try running this from the start menu->run command RunDll32
advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %windir%\INF\wmp.inf,Uninstall

Then try to install Media Player.

Hope this helps,
psg

Unk

On 12 Nov 2005 21:32:03 -0800, "LookImSorry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Whenever I go to install WIndows Media Player 9 on a Windows 2000
>system, I get the following error (following the install process, this
>is at run time):
>title: setup_wm.exe - Entry Point Not Found
>txt: The procedure entry point GetUserGeoID could not be located in the
>dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll
>
>What could be causing this, and how do I fix it?
>
>Thanks

Try this...

Copy and Paste the following into the Start, Run box:
command RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %windir%\INF\wmp.inf,Uninstall

Then reinstall it.