Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > bios error reporting

bios error reporting

cineman

Hi A mate of mine has reinstalled windows xp3 with sp2 and now his bios and
system info is reporting his processor as 1.8 gighertz amd athlon xp
processor instead instead of an amd athlon xp 3000
Can any one assist in why this should be and how to correct it please.
regards
Cineman

Champ

"cineman" repeated in message

> Hi A mate of mine has reinstalled windows xp3 with sp2 and now his

bios and
> system info is reporting his processor as 1.8 gighertz amd athlon xp
> processor instead instead of an amd athlon xp 3000
> Can any one assist in why this should be and how to correct it please.
> regards
> Cineman

Read answers to your 4 previous post would be a good place to start

why?

On Fri, 11 Nov 2005 23:15:49 GMT, cineman wrote:

Finally after a long wait, you posted the same query for the 4th or 5th
time.

>Hi A mate of mine has reinstalled windows xp3 with sp2 and now his bios and

It's a wind up of course xp3.

>system info is reporting his processor as 1.8 gighertz amd athlon xp

<snip>

Me