Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Thinking about MCSE. Could use some help.

Thinking about MCSE. Could use some help.

Consultant

i tell him to join the frickin military, lol

"Politician Spock" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "billyw" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > no.. i'm giving you a recent experience.. rather than your half baked

made
> > up views
> >

> If you had a kid who just graduated High School and wanted to pursue an IT
> career in a market where no one with no experience, no education, or no
> certification is even considered for even the lowest entry level position,
> and no one is even willing to allow your kid to do volunteer work, what
> would you do? Do you advise him to get his MCSE and then go find a job
> (based on your recent experience), or do you advise him to get a college
> degree and then find a job? And why?
>
> --
> Politician Spock
> MCSA, CCEA, MCNGP #15
> The MCNGP Team - We're here to help

rights.
> You assume all risk for your use. Not responsible for your inability to
> understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary gnomes
> living in my garden, or William Shatner's acting.
> 2003 Star Trek Federation. All rights reserved.

billyw

your initial reply was with regard to a comparison about people that had
specific qualifications.. not about anyones kids..
no point trying to turn this into something it isn't

try this http://tinyurl.com/j7t6

--
Consultant, MCNGP Founding Father
www.mcngp.tk

news:041e01c35bab$b0aa6c80$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I maily have been working retail in my 6 year career and I
> am looking to get out. Since I was 17 I have been looking
> at taking the MCSE. What I want to know would this be a
> good thing to go for when I have no other training in the
> IT field and my knowlege of computers is basic. Will the
> MCSE be all I really need or should I also consider other
> certifications?

Politician Spock

"billyw" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> which qualification i want my kids to have..
> a degree, simple.. no contest.
> but that doesn't negate the fact that in the instance you suggested i'd
> rather take a motivated simpleton than a ex student who is so far up his

own
> arse he'll never see the sun

I never suggested that. I didn't come into the conversation until *YOU* made
the claim "but i still maintain that someone just out of college is pretty
useless". Why would you want your kid to get a college degree if you
maintain that someone just out of college is pretty useless?

--
Politician Spock
MCSA, CCEA, MCNGP #15
The MCNGP Team - We're here to help

2003 Star Trek Federation. All rights reserved.

peter001

I just passed MCP Exam and saved money on it.

Got the voucher from www.getcertified4less.com

Here is promotion Code ::*1133 *:: I Used to get extra saving.

I don't know the expiration of promotin code.

I thought if some one of you want to save money but using this
promotion code.

Good Luck for test.

---
Sign up to get free daily practice questions at: http://www.QoD.US/i-54.htm
View this thread: http://www.examnotes.net/article1018523.html
peter001------------------------------------------------------------------------
peter001's Profile: http://www.examnotes.net/forums/memb...&userid=198644

Maestro

Which by the way is how most (read as a lot of) people
break the catch 22 cycle in many industries not just IT.

and confers no
>rights.
>> You assume all risk for your use. Not responsible for

your inability to
>> understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the

imaginary gnomes
>> living in my garden, or William Shatner's acting.
>> 2003 Star Trek Federation. All rights reserved.
>>

>.

billyw

because there are other people in the world apart from me. and the put a
deal of store in degrees etc. so i'd prefer my kids had the best start
possible....
It's basically my one reason for working

"Politician Spock" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:uEdu2$(E-Mail Removed)...
> "billyw" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> > which qualification i want my kids to have..
> > a degree, simple.. no contest.
> > but that doesn't negate the fact that in the instance you suggested i'd
> > rather take a motivated simpleton than a ex student who is so far up his

> own
> > arse he'll never see the sun
> >

> I never suggested that. I didn't come into the conversation until *YOU*

made
> the claim "but i still maintain that someone just out of college is pretty
> useless". Why would you want your kid to get a college degree if you
> maintain that someone just out of college is pretty useless?
>
> --
> Politician Spock
> MCSA, CCEA, MCNGP #15
> The MCNGP Team - We're here to help

rights.
> You assume all risk for your use. Not responsible for your inability to
> understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary gnomes
> living in my garden, or William Shatner's acting.
> 2003 Star Trek Federation. All rights reserved.

Politician Spock

"billyw" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> because there are other people in the world apart from me. and the put a
> deal of store in degrees etc. so i'd prefer my kids had the best start
> possible....
> It's basically my one reason for working

If these "other people in the world... put a deal of store in degrees",
either they are wrong, or you are wrong maintaining that people just out of
college are pretty useless.

--
Politician Spock
MCSA, CCEA, MCNGP #15
The MCNGP Team - We're here to help

2003 Star Trek Federation. All rights reserved.

Politician Spock

"billyw" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> ok... lets do this slowly..
> in MY recent experience........
>
> what is so hard about this for you to grasp??

Nothing. I grasped it long ago. As I said before "Glad to see you are basing
your views of society's workforce on what you experienced from two people.
You never let me down." The issue continued because you said my views are
made up and half baked. If you want your kids to get a college education,
you are basing it on a made up half baked view, because my view is exactly
the same as what motivates you to want your kids to get a college education.

--
Politician Spock
MCSA, CCEA, MCNGP #15
The MCNGP Team - We're here to help

2003 Star Trek Federation. All rights reserved.

billyw

i'd agree that many HR depts are run on half baked ideas so therefore i
agree with your las comments

but put simply a college education does not instantly make someone suitable
for all jobs, all it shows is an ability for retention. not for adaptation
or inovation.
would you say that someone who has been a car mechanic all his life and
fully understands the workings of thge internal combustion engine is less
educated than a brain surgeon...
they may be leaders in their chosen field therefore they are aware of what
they are aware of.. college educations should never be taken as a
significant sign of intelligence.. look at george bush, he has an mba.. that
is just a sign of wealth