Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Outlook not using Word as a text editor

Outlook not using Word as a text editor

Smita

hi , my outlook 2003 has suddenly stopped using MS WORD as an editor ,
its keeps saying an OLE error - and hence Outlook cannot find MS word ,
or its not installed.

I have reinstalled outlook and the whole MS OFFICE package completely 3
times but still that error doesnt seem to go away.

Can someone help me ?
Thanks
Smita

Duane Arnold

"Smita" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:1131687304.364689.15130
@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

> hi , my outlook 2003 has suddenly stopped using MS WORD as an editor ,
> its keeps saying an OLE error - and hence Outlook cannot find MS word ,
> or its not installed.

Have you installed anything on the machine prior to this?

It seems that there is something not compatible anymore and that OLE error
is a program error which could happen if a DLL that may be common to and
used by several programs on the machine is out of sync or is outdated that
was installed by some application install you did.

Duane

Dan Evans

"Smita" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> hi , my outlook 2003 has suddenly stopped using MS WORD as an editor ,

Be thankful.

Dan

Smita

Thanks Duane , i had installed Nero and then uninstalled it.. so may
be in that process something has gone wrong ... is there a way to
rectify this ?

Thanks once again
Smita

Blinky the Shark

Smita wrote:

> hi , my outlook 2003 has suddenly stopped using MS WORD as an
> editor , its keeps saying an OLE error - and hence Outlook
> cannot find MS word , or its not installed.

That's a plus. What in God's name do you need Word for just to do
email?

--
Blinky
Killing all Google Groups posts.

Mitch

In article <Xns970B1FE23C800bnooz@130.133.1.4>, Blinky the Shark
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> That's a plus. What in God's name do you need Word for just to do
> email?

Amen!
Several people have posted here about troubles getting Word to
cooperate with the e-mail client, and how they like to use Word for all
their e-mail...
Huh?
E-mail is almost always a short message with no formatting -- how can
these people even consider this weird way to make e-mail so much harder
than it is?

gangle

"Mitch" wrote
> In article Blinky the Shark wrote:
>
> > That's a plus. What in God's name do you need Word for just to do
> > email?

> Amen!
> Several people have posted here about troubles getting Word to
> cooperate with the e-mail client, and how they like to use Word for all
> their e-mail...
> Huh?
> E-mail is almost always a short message with no formatting -- how can
> these people even consider this weird way to make e-mail so much
> harder than it is?

"God's name"? "Amen"? What the **** does religion have
to do with email? Jesus H. Christ.

Duane Arnold

"Smita" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:1131697373.424147.262740
@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

> Thanks Duane , i had installed Nero and then uninstalled it.. so may
> be in that process something has gone wrong ... is there a way to
> rectify this ?
>
> Thanks once again
> Smita

I don't know that Nero is your problem. It's possible that Nero could
have installed a common DLL that overlaid one on the machine that's
outdated. It could be that you removed a DLL during the uninstall
process. If the uninstall process asked about removing Dll(s) from the
machine, I usually leave them unless I am sure that removing could only
be used by that particular application and no one else.

You could try installing Nero again and see if that leads to the problem
being resloved but I can't think of a reason Nero and Outlook would be
using a common Dll but it's possible.

You could just wipe the machine out and I don't think you want to do
that.

Or if you have a legal copy of the O/S and Office 2003, you can contact
MS to assist you in resolving the issue. MS may have a limited free
support, which may be via email.

Either way, there is something that has been overlaid or is missing
that's causing the program to abort.

Duane

Dave Lear

"Smita" wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com

> hi , my outlook 2003 has suddenly stopped using MS WORD
> as an editor , its keeps saying an OLE error - and hence Outlook
> cannot find MS word , or its not installed.
>
> I have reinstalled outlook and the whole MS OFFICE package
> completely 3 times but still that error doesnt seem to go away.

What is the *full* and *exact* error message you get from Outlook?

What version of Windows are you running?

Dan Evans

"gangle" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ...

> "Mitch" wrote
>> In article Blinky the Shark wrote:
>>
>> > That's a plus. What in God's name do you need Word for just to do
>> > email?

>> Amen!
>> Several people have posted here about troubles getting Word to
>> cooperate with the e-mail client, and how they like to use Word for all
>> their e-mail...
>> Huh?
>> E-mail is almost always a short message with no formatting -- how can
>> these people even consider this weird way to make e-mail so much
>> harder than it is?

> "God's name"? "Amen"? What the **** does religion have
> to do with email? Jesus H. Christ.

"Christ on a bike, sExchange has shat itself again".

How much more religeous do you want?

Dan