Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Recovering data from old user account

Recovering data from old user account

LookImSorry

I have recently installed Windows 2000 pro on my computer. I downgraded
from Windows XP due to a bad ad ware problem. Is there a way that I can
get the data from an old Windows XP Account? I go to open the old
Documents and Settings folder: C:\Documents and Settings\Bryan.XXX and
I get "Access is Denied."

Thanks!

and I am sorry if I ofended anybody in the past.

Unk

On 10 Nov 2005 16:42:34 -0800, "LookImSorry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I have recently installed Windows 2000 pro on my computer. I downgraded
>from Windows XP due to a bad ad ware problem. Is there a way that I can
>get the data from an old Windows XP Account? I go to open the old
>Documents and Settings folder: C:\Documents and Settings\Bryan.XXX and
>I get "Access is Denied."
>
>Thanks!
>
>and I am sorry if I ofended anybody in the past.

HOW TO: Use the File Ownership Script Tool (Fileowners.pl) in Windows 2000
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=320046

HOW TO: Take Ownership of Files
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=268019