Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > missing my network icon on desktop

missing my network icon on desktop

Vicky Stamokowski

i tried rt clicking on desktop, customize desktop, etc. i could add/delete
"my computer", "iexp", "my documents", but the "my network places icon"
won't appear.
anyone know how to fix this?
i'm now on my own little network and i need to see the other pc.
thank you.

John Holmes

Vicky Stamokowski blabbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> i need to see the other pc

Have you updated to Spectacles Service Pack 2?

--
Your mother was a boring airhead who used to pick her nose in a rest home.

Toolman Tim

In news:q1Pcf.4061$Y97.1502@trndny05,
Vicky Stamokowski spewed forth:
> i tried rt clicking on desktop, customize desktop, etc. i could
> add/delete "my computer", "iexp", "my documents", but the "my network
> places icon" won't appear.
> anyone know how to fix this?
> i'm now on my own little network and i need to see the other pc.
> thank you.

What operating system are you running? Kind of an IMPORTANT thing to include
in your question, huh?

If you're using XP, did you run the Home Network Setup Wizard? If so, you
can go to My Computer and click on My Network Places from there.

like an idiot.