Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > bios reporting error

bios reporting error

cineman

Hi,
A mate has installed new motherboard winfast k7s741gxmg and reinstalled
winxp pro sp2 his bios is reporting an amd athlon xp processor as 1800 which
should be 2800 can anyone advise on this problem please?
thanks in advance
Cineman

Evan Platt

On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 21:07:41 GMT, "cineman"
<(E-Mail Removed)48.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>A mate has installed new motherboard winfast k7s741gxmg and reinstalled
>winxp pro sp2 his bios is reporting an amd athlon xp processor as 1800 which
>should be 2800 can anyone advise on this problem please?
>thanks in advance

Crap, are you retarded?

The Old Sourdough

cineman quacked like a deranged mallard in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> Hi,
> A mate has installed new motherboard winfast k7s741gxmg and reinstalled
> winxp pro sp2 his bios is reporting an amd athlon xp processor as 1800
> which should be 2800 can anyone advise on this problem please?
> thanks in advance
> Cineman

Why don't you post this same question a few more times?

--
The Old Sourdough
A happy life consists not in the absence, but in the mastery of hardships.-

Evan Platt

On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 16:44:13 -0600, The Old Sourdough
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Why don't you post this same question a few more times?

Bite your tongue. He probably will.

The Old Sourdough

Evan Platt quacked like a deranged mallard in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 16:44:13 -0600, The Old Sourdough
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Why don't you post this same question a few more times?

> Bite your tongue. He probably will.

Yup, and after about 5-6 more identical posts, he'll whine that nobody wants
to help him.

--
The Old Sourdough
A happy life consists not in the absence, but in the mastery of hardships.-
Helen Keller

Plato

The Old Sourdough wrote:

> Why don't you post this same question a few more times?

Some people who use "chat" all time think this is also "chat"

The Prophecy

The Old Sourdough wrote:
> Evan Platt quacked like a deranged mallard in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
>
>> On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 16:44:13 -0600, The Old Sourdough
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>> Why don't you post this same question a few more times?

>> Bite your tongue. He probably will.
>>

> Yup, and after about 5-6 more identical posts, he'll whine that
> nobody wants to help him.

my bet is on only 3 more posts...

--
Windows XP -
A 64 bit upgrade to a 32-bit patch for a 16-bit GUI shell running on

cineman

Mu apologies to all who replied.
And yhanks for the assistance.
Unfortunately no messages were showing up from me, and was getting error
messages that these posts on this subject were not able to be sent.
obviously they were though the error message gave a code ,if I recall
correctly which was error 4041 or something similar ( ia have been to sleep
since then) After about three or four tries all giving this error message I
gave up.
tried again tonight then found all the messages had actually gone through
and found the very helpful replies.
thanks
and sorry about multiple postings.
cineman