Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Symantec A/V - can't update "Common Client"

Symantec A/V - can't update "Common Client"

WCH

Recently bought a copy of Norton Internet Security 2003 (yes, "2003",
got it in retail box very cheap never registered). Installed on a PC
running W2k and started doing updates. Most items updated just fine but
I can't fully update Program Updates because every time I try to install
the available update it says it has to update "Symantec Common Client"
first. But there's NO OPTION to update Symantec Common Client under
LiveUpdate. I uninstalled everything and did a fresh install of the
program, intending to update Symantec Common Client first, before any
other update. But once again, there is NO OPTION to update Symantec
Common Client. No check box for it at all. What's going on here? Am I
stuck? I have other computers still running NIS 2003 that I pay an
annual fee to update the subscription and the program seems to work just
fine. Why won't this one work?
WC

x@y

"WCH" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
> Recently bought a copy of Norton Internet Security 2003 (yes, "2003", got it in retail box very
> cheap never registered). Installed on a PC running W2k and started doing updates. Most items
> updated just fine but I can't fully update Program Updates because every time I try to install the
> available update it says it has to update "Symantec Common Client" first. But there's NO OPTION
> to update Symantec Common Client under LiveUpdate. I uninstalled everything and did a fresh
> install of the program, intending to update Symantec Common Client first, before any other update.
> But once again, there is NO OPTION to update Symantec Common Client. No check box for it at all.
> What's going on here? Am I stuck? I have other computers still running NIS 2003 that I pay an
> annual fee to update the subscription and the program seems to work just fine. Why won't this one
> work?
> WC

Maybe you got one of those Copy discussed in Oct./2003 Forum
on the following Link:

http://www.short-media.com/forum/arc...hp/t-4344.html

Good Luck, x@y