Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Shared ADSL fine but network blind?

Shared ADSL fine but network blind?

Steve Campbell

Sorry if this is asking the obvious but I'm a networking
newbie I'm afraid.

I've just got a 2Mb ADSL connection and have set up a
Kcorp KLG-575 (108+G) wireless router and a D-Link 300T
modem serving:

XP (HE) SP2 desktop - ethernet connection to the router
XP (HE) SP2 laptop - wireless 108+ connection

1/. Both computers access the ADSL connection just fine
but how on earth do I get them to be able to see each
other so I can access each other's files? I set up the
router on its web based interface and am currently running
it on 64 bit WEP.

2/. I've set MAC filtering for just these 2 machines
alone. Will this stop another outsider logging on
wirelessly to the router?

Many thanks.

Steve

Jack

Hi
Since you are able to use the Internet your Wireless components are OK.
You have a File Sharing problem,
Jack (MVP-Networking).

news:1f2a01c4ae2c$97587f90$(E-Mail Removed)...