Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > cd . dvd rewriter

cd . dvd rewriter

Jacquie G

Just got a new computer with a rewriter and nero 6 installed to copy data
and discs. trying to copy data with Nero xpress and it asks me for a file
name tried all different file names and it wont accept any. Also what is the
difference between the different type of diss ie. DVD R and DVD RW also CD R
and CD RW I am confused.

Miggsee

http://www.cdrfaq.org/

"Jacquie G" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:dkt8no$5n2$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Just got a new computer with a rewriter and nero 6 installed to copy data
> and discs. trying to copy data with Nero xpress and it asks me for a file
> name tried all different file names and it wont accept any. Also what is
> the difference between the different type of diss ie. DVD R and DVD RW
> also CD R and CD RW I am confused.

PC

"Jacquie G" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:dkt8no$5n2$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Just got a new computer with a rewriter and nero 6 installed to copy data
> and discs. trying to copy data with Nero xpress and it asks me for a file
> name tried all different file names and it wont accept any. Also what is
> the difference between the different type of diss ie. DVD R and DVD RW
> also CD R and CD RW I am confused.

Jacquie

If you click the Blue button bottom left of Nero Express's opening window
and click "Help Topics" you will find lots of answers and guidance in
there.

Miggsee has pointed you at the cdr Faq.

Note: some versions of Nero supplied with new PC's (known as OEM copies) are
not supplied with all of the components to burn some DVD types or view some
DVD movies (Nero Media Player).
You are expected to 'pay' for these extra components.

Cheers
Paul.