Event ID: 1002
Date: 2005-11-09
Time: 09:35:16
User: N/A
Computer: SERVERNAME
The shell stopped unexpectedly and Explorer.exe was restarted.

- When I go to "Disk Management" he stay at "connecting to logical disk
manager service", after waiting 10-15 minutes I see my disk details.

I don't have APC software on the server.
The DNS was OK.

Someone have ideas?

Thanks

David

The Prophecy

> I have a 5 Server Windows 2003 standard with the same problem.
>
> - The server is very slow to boot, approx 10-15 minutes.
>
> - When I click on "my computer" icon, the explorer window don't
> display the drive list (the explorer window stay blank) and when I
> close the window, explorer.exe crash.
> Event Type: Information
> Event Source: Winlogon
> Event Category: None
> Event ID: 1002
> Date: 2005-11-09
> Time: 09:35:16
> User: N/A
> Computer: SERVERNAME
> The shell stopped unexpectedly and Explorer.exe was restarted.
>
> - When I go to "Disk Management" he stay at "connecting to logical
> disk manager service", after waiting 10-15 minutes I see my disk
> details.
>
> I don't have APC software on the server.
> The DNS was OK.
>
> Someone have ideas?
>
> Thanks
>
> David

If explorer.exe is crashing and generating error reports, a repair install
of the OS is needed. The slow boot up could be explained by the lack of a
defrag. Have you defragged any of those servers in the last 6 months?
--
Windows XP -
A 64 bit upgrade to a 32-bit patch for a 16-bit GUI shell running on