Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > how can I share on my net and not on another

how can I share on my net and not on another

see.cher@your.place

I want to be able to share all my laptop when connected to my home
network but not share when it is connected to another network.

How can I configure this to work automatically, without resetting the
share each time?

thanks

Mike Easter

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)e wrote:

> I want to be able to share all my laptop when connected to my home
> network but not share when it is connected to another network.
>
> How can I configure this to work automatically, without resetting the
> share each time?

Insufficient data. You haven't defined/ characterized/ your alternate
networks sufficiently precisely yet

Laptop connected to my home network? How is that? Another network?
What/how is that?

--
Mike Easter

The Prophecy

(E-Mail Removed)e wrote:
> I want to be able to share all my laptop when connected to my home
> network but not share when it is connected to another network.
>
> How can I configure this to work automatically, without resetting the
> share each time?
>
> thanks

pretty sure you can't just unshare a drive when on another network
automatically.... sharing everything on your hard drive is not a smart idea
anyway.... all you do there is hand hackers a christmas present..... and
don't give me that "but i have a hardware firewall in place" ****.... i
don't care. just don't share the entire drive and you eliminate the need for
me to bitch about it.

why?

On Wed, 09 Nov 2005 04:13:28 GMT, (E-Mail Removed)e wrote:

>I want to be able to share all my laptop when connected to my home
>network but not share when it is connected to another network.
>
>How can I configure this to work automatically, without resetting the
>share each time?
>
>thanks

http://www.netswitcher.com/

You create different profiles and set sharing per profile. Haven't used
it with that option. but it's there.

It's in the helpfile, there isn't a standalone version on the site that
I could see.

Me

Randy

why? skrev:

> On Wed, 09 Nov 2005 04:13:28 GMT, (E-Mail Removed)e wrote:
>
> >I want to be able to share all my laptop when connected to my home
> >network but not share when it is connected to another network.
> >
> >How can I configure this to work automatically, without resetting the
> >share each time?
> >
> >thanks

> http://www.netswitcher.com/
>
> You create different profiles and set sharing per profile. Haven't used
> it with that option. but it's there.
>
> It's in the helpfile, there isn't a standalone version on the site that
> I could see.
>
> Me

why not take a look at GlobeSoft's MultiNetwork Manager 8

http://www.globesoft.com

It will not only allow you to create and switch between different
profiles it will also suggest the correct profile when connecting at
other networks,
Its powerful, comes with a nice Interface and $9.95 for the standard
edition...

Ran

why?

On 10 Nov 2005 05:18:42 -0800, Randy wrote:

>why? skrev:
>
>> On Wed, 09 Nov 2005 04:13:28 GMT, (E-Mail Removed)e wrote:
>>
>> >I want to be able to share all my laptop when connected to my home
>> >network but not share when it is connected to another network.
>> >
>> >How can I configure this to work automatically, without resetting the
>> >share each time?
>> >
>> >thanks

>> http://www.netswitcher.com/
>>
>> You create different profiles and set sharing per profile. Haven't used
>> it with that option. but it's there.
>>
>> It's in the helpfile, there isn't a standalone version on the site that
>> I could see.
>>
>> Me

>why not take a look at GlobeSoft's MultiNetwork Manager 8

Because I have 3 licenses for netswitcher, or did you mean to reply to
the OP and not just the last thread in the post?

>http://www.globesoft.com
>
>It will not only allow you to create and switch between different
>profiles it will also suggest the correct profile when connecting at

<snip>

Me