Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > G-mail login always saved on I.E. 6

G-mail login always saved on I.E. 6

Bun Mui

http://gmail.com

My G-mail login always saved on I.E. 6.

My username and password.

When I type in my username in box it always saves in memory
with the password at the bottom shown has dots.

It can always login.

How can I prevent it or delete it so it won't be automatically
displayed to login in the boxes "username" and "password" on
the right of the page?

Do I delete the cookies, if so where? I tried to do that it still
appears.

Thanks.

Bun Mui

Toolman Tim

Bun Mui wrote:
> http://gmail.com
>

> My G-mail login always saved on I.E. 6.
>
> My username and password.
>
> When I type in my username in box it always saves in memory
> with the password at the bottom shown has dots.
>
> It can always login.
>
> How can I prevent it or delete it so it won't be automatically
> displayed to login in the boxes "username" and "password" on
> the right of the page?
>
> Do I delete the cookies, if so where? I tried to do that it still
> appears.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Bun Mui

Try this: Protected Storage PassView program
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/pspv.html

Find the gmail listing with the program, and delete it.

like an idiot.

Mitch

In article <(E-Mail Removed). com>, Bun
Mui <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> How can I prevent it or delete it so it won't be automatically
> displayed to login in the boxes "username" and "password" on
> the right of the page?

In many browsers, you choose a setting to allow it to automatically
fill in username and password fields.
Look where the 'auto-fill' settings are.

Mike Easter

Bun Mui wrote:

> How can I prevent it or delete it so it won't be automatically
> displayed to login in the boxes "username" and "password" on
> the right of the page?

IE/ Tools/ Internet options/ Content tab/ Personal information/
Autocomplete button - configure 4 checkboxes and 2 Clear buttons.

--
Mike Easter

Toolman Tim

Mike Easter wrote:
> Bun Mui wrote:
>
>> How can I prevent it or delete it so it won't be automatically
>> displayed to login in the boxes "username" and "password" on
>> the right of the page?

> IE/ Tools/ Internet options/ Content tab/ Personal information/
> Autocomplete button - configure 4 checkboxes and 2 Clear buttons.

Ahhh...but what if she only wants gmail account information cleared? The
little software program I linked to will allow clearing of specific items
only

like an idiot.

Mike Easter

Toolman Tim wrote:
> Mike Easter wrote:
>> Bun Mui wrote:
>>
>>> How can I prevent it or delete it so it won't be automatically
>>> displayed to login in the boxes "username" and "password" on
>>> the right of the page?

>> IE/ Tools/ Internet options/ Content tab/ Personal information/
>> Autocomplete button - configure 4 checkboxes and 2 Clear buttons.

> Ahhh...but what if she only wants gmail account information cleared?
> The little software program I linked to will allow clearing of
> specific items only

You're right about the utility clearning just the gmail of course. I
just figgered that if she didn't want to be auto-doing that [anywhere
assumed], she ought to 'unconfigure' for it.

I didn't have something in my mind in which she didn't want to
autocomplete to access her googlemail, but she did want to autocomplete
'all over the place' otherwise.

The protected storage pass view is a neat utility that can see all kinds
of things. If you get your hands or access to someone's computer
[depending upon the user's login security] you can get the pass for OE
or OL mails, and the IE authorizations and autocompletes.

It seems to be most useful for the revealing function. I'm not quite
clear about how useful the deleting business works. I mean, I know that
you can delete with it, but unless she makes the change I described
above, it will just be stored again the next time she accesses gmail.

--
Mike Easter

Toolman Tim

Mike Easter wrote:
> Toolman Tim wrote:
>> Mike Easter wrote:

>>> IE/ Tools/ Internet options/ Content tab/ Personal information/
>>> Autocomplete button - configure 4 checkboxes and 2 Clear buttons.

>> Ahhh...but what if she only wants gmail account information cleared?
>> The little software program I linked to will allow clearing of
>> specific items only

> You're right about the utility clearning just the gmail of course. I
> just figgered that if she didn't want to be auto-doing that [anywhere
> assumed], she ought to 'unconfigure' for it.
>
> I didn't have something in my mind in which she didn't want to
> autocomplete to access her googlemail, but she did want to
> autocomplete 'all over the place' otherwise.
>
> The protected storage pass view is a neat utility that can see all
> kinds of things. If you get your hands or access to someone's
> computer [depending upon the user's login security] you can get the
> pass for OE or OL mails, and the IE authorizations and autocompletes.
>
> It seems to be most useful for the revealing function. I'm not quite
> clear about how useful the deleting business works. I mean, I know
> that you can delete with it, but unless she makes the change I
> described above, it will just be stored again the next time she
> accesses gmail.

Maybe - shouldn't the web site prompt for whether or not the password is
saved? I know my email account pages do. I don't save passwords for most
sites.

like an idiot.

Mike Easter

Toolman Tim wrote:

>> It seems to be most useful for the revealing function. I'm not quite
>> clear about how useful the deleting business works. I mean, I know
>> that you can delete with it, but unless she makes the change I
>> described above, it will just be stored again the next time she
>> accesses gmail.

> Maybe - shouldn't the web site prompt for whether or not the password
> is saved? I know my email account pages do. I don't save passwords
> for most sites.

Gmail sez "Remember me on this computer."

I'm sure that's a cookie setting option, but I'm not very cookie smart.

If she is IE configured above in autocomplete as checked 'user names and
passwords on forms' she can also be prompted to save passwords.

If she is configured to do that, she will be saving it in protected
storage all over again even if she's deleted it with the utility.

--
Mike Easter