Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Getting Certified

Getting Certified

Jeff Taylor

I just wanted to get opinions from some technical people.

I have a degree in Marketing and have worked in this industry for ten years
and am think of a career change. I'd like to get into the IT field but I
think I'll need some type of certification to get my foot in the door. Which
certifications would be the best right now to get a new job? MCSE, MCDBA or
MCSD

Thanks

Consultant

are you making good money now, with steady work?

"Jeff Taylor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I just wanted to get opinions from some technical people.
>
> I have a degree in Marketing and have worked in this industry for ten

years
> and am think of a career change. I'd like to get into the IT field but I
> think I'll need some type of certification to get my foot in the door.

Which
> certifications would be the best right now to get a new job? MCSE, MCDBA

or
> MCSD
>
> Thanks

licknlabia

marketing people are not technical in any way, stick to your powerpoint
presentations.

why the hell would you want to switch careers to one that currently has no
growth?

"Jeff Taylor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
I just wanted to get opinions from some technical people.

I have a degree in Marketing and have worked in this industry for ten years
and am think of a career change. I'd like to get into the IT field but I
think I'll need some type of certification to get my foot in the door. Which
certifications would be the best right now to get a new job? MCSE, MCDBA or
MCSD

Thanks

Jeff Taylor

*CLICK* ignore
"licknlabia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Being sarcastic about something doesn't constitute anger.
>
> As far as developer, DBA or engineer's in the industry, what, can't you do
> some marketing research analysis and come up with an answer?
>

> - Sarcastic S.O.B
>

> "Jeff Taylor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:OSPQb$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Like I said I'm looking for a career change. I'm tired of Marketing,

trying
> to get people to spend money they don't have to buy thing they don't need.
> I've always be keen on the technology stuff. I build my own PC's and I've
> always been the one my co-workers turn to when they have PC issues.
>
> I guess my question really is: Currently in the IT industry is there a
> greater need for developers DBA's or engineer's?
>
> Also, that one poster named LICKsomething, needs to take an anger

management
> class. Wow what's his prob...
>

> "Jeff Taylor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I just wanted to get opinions from some technical people.
> >
> > I have a degree in Marketing and have worked in this industry for ten

> years
> > and am think of a career change. I'd like to get into the IT field but I
> > think I'll need some type of certification to get my foot in the door.

> Which
> > certifications would be the best right now to get a new job? MCSE, MCDBA

> or
> > MCSD
> >
> > Thanks

Jeff Taylor

Exactly, I think IT is more useful and will give satisfaction that is
completely void in the Marketing industry. I'm mean to actually help people
instead of lying to them would make me feel like a Human being...

So, you think there's more demand for engineer's? I wouldn't mind older
technology. I mean I'm prepared to immerse myself into learning, I know I
don't have what it takes right now but I do know I have the ability to
learn. I can build a PC, write excel macros and even do some access database
stuff. I'm aware these are infintile abilities compared to the level some of
you people are at but like I said, I can learn.

"Keyboard Cowboy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:01ea01c35871$d3494910$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Well, IT isn't much different than where you are coming
> from. Most employers that are looking for techs are
> extremely out-dated... so much, that most upstanding techs
> refuse to work for them... The employers are too cheap
> to invest in some real technology. So, here you are
> again, trying to get people to buy something that they DO
> actually need, but are too tight to spring for it.
> Therefore, you are stuck trying to fix a problem using
> outdated technology that you know for $5000 could sovle
> the problem entirely....

licknlabia

I just can't resist today.

damn your skizzles are good, you shoud be an IT person.

muahahahahaha

seriously, you just relax and get used to this newsgroup if you're gonna
hang out, we all give everyone a bad time once in awhile.

- sarcastic SOB

"Jeff Taylor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
*CLICK* ignore
"licknlabia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Being sarcastic about something doesn't constitute anger.
>
> As far as developer, DBA or engineer's in the industry, what, can't you do
> some marketing research analysis and come up with an answer?
>

> - Sarcastic S.O.B
>

> "Jeff Taylor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:OSPQb$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Like I said I'm looking for a career change. I'm tired of Marketing,

trying
> to get people to spend money they don't have to buy thing they don't need.
> I've always be keen on the technology stuff. I build my own PC's and I've
> always been the one my co-workers turn to when they have PC issues.
>
> I guess my question really is: Currently in the IT industry is there a
> greater need for developers DBA's or engineer's?
>
> Also, that one poster named LICKsomething, needs to take an anger

management
> class. Wow what's his prob...
>

> "Jeff Taylor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I just wanted to get opinions from some technical people.
> >
> > I have a degree in Marketing and have worked in this industry for ten

> years
> > and am think of a career change. I'd like to get into the IT field but I
> > think I'll need some type of certification to get my foot in the door.

> Which
> > certifications would be the best right now to get a new job? MCSE, MCDBA

> or
> > MCSD
> >
> > Thanks

billyw

they aren't infantile at all..
they are the building blocks.. everyones been there..

"Jeff Taylor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Exactly, I think IT is more useful and will give satisfaction that is
> completely void in the Marketing industry. I'm mean to actually help

people
> instead of lying to them would make me feel like a Human being...
>
> So, you think there's more demand for engineer's? I wouldn't mind older
> technology. I mean I'm prepared to immerse myself into learning, I know I
> don't have what it takes right now but I do know I have the ability to
> learn. I can build a PC, write excel macros and even do some access

database
> stuff. I'm aware these are infintile abilities compared to the level some

of
> you people are at but like I said, I can learn.
>

> "Keyboard Cowboy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> message news:01ea01c35871$d3494910$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Well, IT isn't much different than where you are coming
> > from. Most employers that are looking for techs are
> > extremely out-dated... so much, that most upstanding techs
> > refuse to work for them... The employers are too cheap
> > to invest in some real technology. So, here you are
> > again, trying to get people to buy something that they DO
> > actually need, but are too tight to spring for it.
> > Therefore, you are stuck trying to fix a problem using
> > outdated technology that you know for $5000 could sovle
> > the problem entirely....

Kendal Emery

Actually, he asks a very valid question.....

If you are into marketing, what does your marketing analysis say?

Systems Administrator
Coordinated Home Care
remove me to email to me
"Jeff Taylor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:#(E-Mail Removed)...
> *CLICK* ignore
> "licknlabia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Being sarcastic about something doesn't constitute anger.
> >
> > As far as developer, DBA or engineer's in the industry, what, can't you

do
> > some marketing research analysis and come up with an answer?
> >

> > - Sarcastic S.O.B
> >

> > "Jeff Taylor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:OSPQb$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Like I said I'm looking for a career change. I'm tired of Marketing,

> trying
> > to get people to spend money they don't have to buy thing they don't

need.
> > I've always be keen on the technology stuff. I build my own PC's and

I've
> > always been the one my co-workers turn to when they have PC issues.
> >
> > I guess my question really is: Currently in the IT industry is there a
> > greater need for developers DBA's or engineer's?
> >
> > Also, that one poster named LICKsomething, needs to take an anger

> management
> > class. Wow what's his prob...
> >

> > "Jeff Taylor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > I just wanted to get opinions from some technical people.
> > >
> > > I have a degree in Marketing and have worked in this industry for ten

> > years
> > > and am think of a career change. I'd like to get into the IT field but

> > > think I'll need some type of certification to get my foot in the door.

> > Which
> > > certifications would be the best right now to get a new job? MCSE,

MCDBA
> > or
> > > MCSD
> > >
> > > Thanks

Sam

maybe he's making money but he is more intrsted with
Microsoft, yall take it easy on him arn't we cool
...WE COOOOOOOL

David Maggard

So u would rather try to convince management to spend money that they have
but would rather spend on themselves, to buy things they do need?

I am totally serious, the last job I found all the HW for a fibre-channel
cluster setup(2 web, 2 SQL) including 2 * 32 port FC Switches, FC HBAs,
Drive array(24*32GB HD) with redundent PS & controllers & 4 Dual Xeon
1.8?(can't remember exact) for under $20,000 and had to twist their arms to
get them to buy, meanwhile we were running off of a PIII 700 HP w/ 512MB for
web & 1GB for SQL(constently crashing under heavy load), and they were
averaging about $250,000 in sales a week(telemarketing)

The experience I have had is that businesses want IT for free and 100%
reliable.

Please tell me this is just a small business thing!!!

Getting Sun Java Certified www.pulpjava.com Java 2 03-04-2007 08:13 AM
Is it worth getting certified with Whidbey around the corner? orekinbck@yahoo.com.au MCAD 13 09-30-2005 01:47 AM
Is it worth getting certified with Whidbey around the corner? orekinbck@yahoo.com.au MCSE 10 07-19-2005 03:56 PM
Re: Getting certified. John S MCSD 11 08-18-2003 10:26 AM
Getting Certified Jaime MCSD 10 07-15-2003 03:35 AM

Advertisments