Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Taskbar for Windows XP with SP2

Taskbar for Windows XP with SP2

none@none.com

With the subject system, how do I add a shortcut to the Taskbar ???

Also, how do I get rid of the patial collapsing of the Taskbar ? It
now has a pair of v's which are turned on their sides and which expand
the Taskbar temporarily so you can see all that is in it. I want to
see the entire Taskbar, by default.

Thanks in advance

Toolman Tim

> With the subject system, how do I add a shortcut to the Taskbar ???
>
> Also, how do I get rid of the patial collapsing of the Taskbar ? It
> now has a pair of v's which are turned on their sides and which expand
> the Taskbar temporarily so you can see all that is in it. I want to
> see the entire Taskbar, by default.
>
> Thanks in advance

Do you mean the system tray? With the clock in it?

You can get add-on software to put tasks in the system tray. I don't
recommend it. If the programmer who wrote the software wanted something in
the system tray, he would have put one there.

The nice new "hiding inactive icons" function can be disabled by
right-clicking on the taskbar. Select properties. At the bottom of the
dialog box is a checkbox for "Hide inactive icons".

like an idiot.

Duane Arnold

(E-Mail Removed) wrote in news:(E-Mail Removed):

> With the subject system, how do I add a shortcut to the Taskbar ???

You drag a short-cut to the Task Bar and you drop it on the bar in the
area of the Start Button. If you don't want a short-cut on the Task Bar,
you drag it back to the desktop and drop it. If you hold the ****-key
while dragging, it will leave a copy of the short-cut on the desktop and
allow the other copy to be dragged and dropped on the Task Bar.

> Also, how do I get rid of the patial collapsing of the Taskbar ? It
> now has a pair of v's which are turned on their sides and which expand
> the Taskbar temporarily so you can see all that is in it. I want to
> see the entire Taskbar, by default.

The V is there and if you start dragging the V on the right past the last
short-cut icon showing, it will hold that position and will not move. Of
course, you cannot but a whole boat load of short-cuts down there and
expect to see them all at once.

Duane

none@none.com

I want to thank you very much for your help even though I called the
system tray the Taskbar. Everythijg works fine now. Thanks again.

On Sun, 6 Nov 2005 08:46:58 -0800, "Toolman Tim"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> With the subject system, how do I add a shortcut to the Taskbar ???
>>
>> Also, how do I get rid of the patial collapsing of the Taskbar ? It
>> now has a pair of v's which are turned on their sides and which expand
>> the Taskbar temporarily so you can see all that is in it. I want to
>> see the entire Taskbar, by default.
>>
>> Thanks in advance

>Do you mean the system tray? With the clock in it?
>
>You can get add-on software to put tasks in the system tray. I don't
>recommend it. If the programmer who wrote the software wanted something in
>the system tray, he would have put one there.
>
>The nice new "hiding inactive icons" function can be disabled by
>right-clicking on the taskbar. Select properties. At the bottom of the
>dialog box is a checkbox for "Hide inactive icons".

Toolman Tim

You betcha