Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Bush vs Nixon

Bush vs Nixon

philo

how long will it be before bush becomes even less popular than
nixon?

6 months ????

Slack

philo wrote:

> how long will it be before bush becomes even less popular than
> nixon?
>
> 6 months ????

unluckylanding

On Fri, 4 Nov 2005 17:44:20 -0600, "philo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>how long will it be before bush becomes even less popular than
>nixon?
>
>6 months ????

From various polls via Foxnews, CNN, and MSNBC, his average approval
rating is 31% and the trends point to it slumping further as the
holidays approach and family members want there
sons/daughters/nephews/nieces/brothers/sisters/etc back.

A question for you as well, did you vote or were you like 2/3rds of
america and didn't bother?

I voted and it broke......

Plato

philo wrote:

> how long will it be before bush becomes even less popular than
> nixon?

Nixon got us out of the Vietnam war. I always wanted to thank him for
that.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

Plato

unluckylanding wrote:

Keep in mind that the current two wars would not be possible without the
FULL approval of the US House/Senate. A USA president can decide to
invade ANY country he/she wants, but it wont/cant happen without
financing.

> From various polls via Foxnews, CNN, and MSNBC, his average approval
> rating is 31% and the trends point to it slumping further as the
> holidays approach and family members want there
> sons/daughters/nephews/nieces/brothers/sisters/etc back.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

philo

"unluckylanding" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Fri, 4 Nov 2005 17:44:20 -0600, "philo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>how long will it be before bush becomes even less popular than
>>nixon?
>>
>>6 months ????
>>

> From various polls via Foxnews, CNN, and MSNBC, his average approval
> rating is 31% and the trends point to it slumping further as the
> holidays approach and family members want there
> sons/daughters/nephews/nieces/brothers/sisters/etc back.
>
> A question for you as well, did you vote or were you like 2/3rds of
> america and didn't bother?
>
> I voted and it broke......

Yes i did vote and i have always voted.
I also made sure my daughter voted too...even though she was one of those
who previously never did.

and No, i did not vote for bush...

For those who think that their one vote does not count...
a few years back there was a nasty judge here in my town
who lost an election by about a dozen votes.
if i counted myself and all my friends...that alone made the difference!

philo

"Plato" <|@|.|> wrote in message
news:436bfb09$0$191$(E-Mail Removed)...
> philo wrote:
>>
>> how long will it be before bush becomes even less popular than
>> nixon?

> Nixon got us out of the Vietnam war. I always wanted to thank him for
> that.

well i got drafted in '69
but was lucky enough not to have gone to 'nam

although i was by no means a nixon fan...
at least he was competent...
too bad i cannot say the same for bush

BeeVee

X-No-Archive:Yes
Nixon Opened the floodgates of China (need a job Yet?)
I can't wait for the day Bush stand's up and say's "I am NoT a crook!" (your kids dead yet?)
*3 weeks* should do it.

"philo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> how long will it be before bush becomes even less popular than
> nixon?
>
> 6 months ????

philo

> Keep in mind that the current two wars would not be possible without the
> FULL approval of the US House/Senate. A USA president can decide to
> invade ANY country he/she wants, but it wont/cant happen without
> financing.

That's correct...
but now the financing is a problem...
and programs for children, the diabled and the elderly are going to suffer.

True...Bush could not have gotten us into all of this by himself...
maybe we are all somewhat to blame.

Ghostrider

philo wrote:

> how long will it be before bush becomes even less popular than
> nixon?
>
> 6 months ????

Does it really matter? A second-term President is always a
lame duck. One needs to see whose star is rising, to replace
Bush as the Republican presidential candidate for 2008. And
I doubt that would be Cheney's.