Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > AVG rescue discs?

AVG rescue discs?

Kenny

AVG free with most recent update.
Created a set of 6 rescue floppies on my PC to use on a friends PC which I
believe is riddled with virusses.
The first floppy is supposed to be bootable but his PC won't boot from it.
Is it because they were created on my PC and only my PC will boot from
these?
Is there any other way of doing this, perhaps somehow creating a bootable CD
which contains a virus scanner which will run before Windows loads?
His PC is using Win ME, I'm using XP Pro.

--
Kenny Cargill

Plato

Kenny wrote:

> The first floppy is supposed to be bootable but his PC won't boot from it.

Go into the bios and set it boot from the A: drive first.

> Is it because they were created on my PC and only my PC will boot from
> these?

Not likely. A bootable floppy is a bootable floppy. I create them all
the time and people dont have a problem.

> Is there any other way of doing this, perhaps somehow creating a bootable CD
> which contains a virus scanner which will run before Windows loads?
> His PC is using Win ME, I'm using XP Pro.

Yes, one can create a bootable cd and have a dos based anti-virus on it.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

Kenny

Thanks for the reply, the BIOS is set to boot from floppy first but it
doesn't recognise the AVG disk 1 as being bootable.
Am downloading the Ultimate Boot CD at present and will see how it goes from
there.

--
Kenny Cargill
"Plato" <|@|.|> wrote in message
news:436aa3d7$0$209$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Kenny wrote:
>>
>> The first floppy is supposed to be bootable but his PC won't boot from
>> it.

> Go into the bios and set it boot from the A: drive first.
>
>> Is it because they were created on my PC and only my PC will boot from
>> these?

> Not likely. A bootable floppy is a bootable floppy. I create them all
> the time and people dont have a problem.
>
>> Is there any other way of doing this, perhaps somehow creating a bootable
>> CD
>> which contains a virus scanner which will run before Windows loads?
>> His PC is using Win ME, I'm using XP Pro.

> Yes, one can create a bootable cd and have a dos based anti-virus on it.
>

> --
> http://www.bootdisk.com/

AVG 7.0 Rescue Disk Problem Will Computer Support 4 12-21-2004 04:27 PM
AVG rescue problems! Laura Taylor Computer Support 3 12-04-2003 01:44 AM
AVG rescue disc(s) bug fixed Keith NZ Computing 6 09-10-2003 06:16 AM
avg rescue disk lucy Computer Support 4 08-29-2003 03:02 AM
Creating rescue diskettes for AVG Mike NG Computer Support 3 08-13-2003 11:34 AM

Advertisments