Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > per-thread memory mangement techniques for c++...

per-thread memory mangement techniques for c++...

Chris Thomasson

If you have been following the "Is this standard c++..." thread in this
group, then you may know that I am currently very busy developing a stable
and robust implementation for my multi-thread memory allocator algorithm.
You can get some more information on it by reading that particular thread.
Anyway, here is a link to where I am going to stick all of the example code:

http://appcore.home.comcast.net/vzoom/malloc/
(the allocators home page...)

Here is what I am tinkering around with now wrt per-thread stack memory
management:

http://appcore.home.comcast.net/vzoo...oc/example.cpp
(simple example code...)

Can anybody notice any problems right off the bat? I am a hardcore C
programmer whose C++ skills can be improved upon for sure! IMHO, the task of
implementing my design in C++ will be well worth it in the long run... I
personally think this particular high-performance multi-threaded allocator
algorithm is going to benefit from C++, on the flip side, I also think it
will be a fairly valuable tool for many different types of C++ applications
that make use of any sort of concurrency.

Any thoughts?

acer e recovery mangement David Wells Computer Information 4 08-06-2009 01:50 PM
Large Website design/mangement in VS question HankD ASP .Net 4 03-21-2005 11:15 AM
[ANN] Instiki 0.8.5: Content Mangement Wiki David Heinemeier Hansson Ruby 0 04-27-2004 09:20 PM
sorting techniques Ashish VHDL 0 11-15-2003 09:30 AM
memory leak troubleshooting techniques Adam Deutsch Python 2 07-29-2003 10:20 PM

Advertisments