Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Compilation error with g++ 3.3.2 on AIX 5.3

Compilation error with g++ 3.3.2 on AIX 5.3

nu2007@gmail.com

Hi,

i have a simple makefile which looks like this:
CArchive: CFileRw.o CArchive.o CMain.o
g++ -o CArchive CFileRw.o CArchive.o CMain.o 3rdparty_1.a
CFileRw.o: CFileRw.cxx HCommon.h
g++ -c CFileRw.cxx
CArchive.o: CArchive.cxx HCommon.h
g++ -c CArchive.cxx
CMain.o: CMain.cxx HCommon.h
g++ -c CMain.cxx
clean:
rm CArchive CFileRw.o CArchive.o CMain.o

When i try complining this on AIX 5.3 with g++ 3.3.2. It gives the
below mentioned error
g++ -o CArchive CFileRw.o CArchive.o CMain.o 3rdparty_1.a
ld: 0711-447 SEVERE ERROR: Shared object 3rdparty_1.a
The .loader section has been truncated. The object is being ignored.
collect2: ld returned 12 exit status

If somone can point out as to whats going wrong here, that would be
nice.
thanks,

Victor Bazarov

> i have a simple makefile which looks like this:
> CArchive: CFileRw.o CArchive.o CMain.o
> g++ -o CArchive CFileRw.o CArchive.o CMain.o 3rdparty_1.a
> CFileRw.o: CFileRw.cxx HCommon.h
> g++ -c CFileRw.cxx
> CArchive.o: CArchive.cxx HCommon.h
> g++ -c CArchive.cxx
> CMain.o: CMain.cxx HCommon.h
> g++ -c CMain.cxx
> clean:
> rm CArchive CFileRw.o CArchive.o CMain.o
>

> When i try complining this on AIX 5.3 with g++ 3.3.2. It gives the
> below mentioned error
> g++ -o CArchive CFileRw.o CArchive.o CMain.o 3rdparty_1.a
> ld: 0711-447 SEVERE ERROR: Shared object 3rdparty_1.a
> The .loader section has been truncated. The object is being ignored.
> collect2: ld returned 12 exit status
> make: 1254-004 The error code from the last command is 1.
>

> If somone can point out as to whats going wrong here, that would be
> nice.

There is nothing in C++ language definition that concerns "the .loader
section" or its truncation. You need to ask in the newsgroup that deals
with your compiler/linker. If I had to speculate, I'd say that your
library is corrupt, but that's not a C++ language issue.

Compilation error on AIX Vivek J. Ruby 1 04-06-2011 12:47 PM
putenv for AIX and ifdef for AIX ClownPleco C Programming 5 08-24-2007 02:15 PM
Huge compilation time of template based sources (AIX 5.2, VA C++ 6 compiler) vitalyt@gmail.com C++ 8 04-21-2006 11:49 AM
Compilation Problems on a AIX with XLC alban C Programming 6 02-09-2006 06:59 PM
Looking for AIX 5.2 binaries, IS anyone running Ruby on AIX 5.2 ?? bww00amdahl@yahoo.com Ruby 5 07-08-2005 11:54 AM

Advertisments