Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > problem with inluding lapackpp

problem with inluding lapackpp

bufu18@wp.pl

hi all,

I've downloaded (unpack etc) lapckpp library from http://sourceforge.net/projects/lapackpp/

I want to use it but I have problems with including it.

I have included main file \include\lapackpp\lapackpp.h
but compiler says that there is no files aversion.h, f2c.h,
lafnames.h which are in the same directory like lapackpp.h and what
is more funny there are more files which have to be included from the
same place but compiler says about only these 3.

I'm using Code::Blocks and I've tried to change compiler from gcc into
another but the problem is the same. I've checked it in Builder and
the same...

Could anybody try to include it (free soft) maybe I have something
wrong in my settings...

thx

Victor Bazarov

> I've downloaded (unpack etc) lapckpp library from
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/lapackpp/
>
> I want to use it but I have problems with including it.
>
> I have included main file \include\lapackpp\lapackpp.h
> but compiler says that there is no files aversion.h, f2c.h,
> lafnames.h which are in the same directory like lapackpp.h and what
> is more funny there are more files which have to be included from the
> same place but compiler says about only these 3.

Uh... What do you think we can do?

> I'm using Code::Blocks and I've tried to change compiler from gcc into
> another but the problem is the same. I've checked it in Builder and
> the same...

Well, gcc newsgroup is 'gnu.gcc.help' or 'gnu.g++.help'. Borland C++
Builder also has its own newsgroups, 'borland.public.cppbuilder.*'.

> Could anybody try to include it (free soft) maybe I have something
> wrong in my settings...

Most likely. But we can't help you with those. You need to ask in
the newsgroup dedicated to your compiler.

bufu18@wp.pl

> Most likely. But we can't help you with those. You need to ask in
> the newsgroup dedicated to your compiler.

ok I will try I thought that this library should be independent on
compiler especially gcc so I've posted here

thx

Victor Bazarov

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> Most likely. But we can't help you with those. You need to ask in
>> the newsgroup dedicated to your compiler.

> ok I will try I thought that this library should be independent on
> compiler especially gcc so I've posted here

The library can be independent (or it can be made to work with only
the chosen compilers), but compilation process problems because of
incorrect settings cannot be compiler-independent. I am not sure I
understand the "especially gcc" part. Regardless of the fact that
the library is a GNU project, if your gcc is not set up correctly
or if you don't provide the necessary commands/settings to it when
compiling the library, you're going to have problems, most likely.
And no C++ language feature can help you overcome those.

Good luck!

John Harrison

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> hi all,
>
> I've downloaded (unpack etc) lapckpp library from http://sourceforge.net/projects/lapackpp/
>
> I want to use it but I have problems with including it.
>
> I have included main file \include\lapackpp\lapackpp.h
> but compiler says that there is no files aversion.h, f2c.h,
> lafnames.h which are in the same directory like lapackpp.h and what
> is more funny there are more files which have to be included from the
> same place but compiler says about only these 3.
>
> I'm using Code::Blocks and I've tried to change compiler from gcc into
> another but the problem is the same. I've checked it in Builder and
> the same...
>
> Could anybody try to include it (free soft) maybe I have something
> wrong in my settings...
>

> thx

Well I think your problem is that you've said something like

#include "include/lapackpp/lapackpp.h"

instead of telling your compiler to look in the include/lapackpp
directory. If you have done that it would have found all the header
files no problem.

But I'm only guessing since you didn't post any code, or explain what
compiler options you did use.

john

Victor Bazarov

John Harrison wrote:
> [.. some good guesses ..]
> But I'm only guessing since you didn't post any code, or explain what
> compiler options you did use.

Hopefully this is not an invitation to the OP to explain what compiler
options were used. Compiler options are still off-topic here...

bufu18@wp.pl

I am not sure if the problem is in settings because untill today every
program compiles... Also the problem occures in builder. I will try
with #include "include/lapackpp" before it was #include "include/
lapackpp/lapackpp.h"
Could you try too run it on your compiler?

Victor Bazarov

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> I am not sure if the problem is in settings because untill today every
> program compiles... Also the problem occures in builder. I will try
> with #include "include/lapackpp" before it was #include "include/
> lapackpp/lapackpp.h"
> Could you try too run it on your compiler?

What would that accomplish?

=?iso-8859-1?q?Erik_Wikstr=F6m?=

On Mar 1, 6:51 pm, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> hi all,
>
> I've downloaded (unpack etc) lapckpp library fromhttp://sourceforge.net/projects/lapackpp/
>
> I want to use it but I have problems with including it.
>
> I have included main file \include\lapackpp\lapackpp.h
> but compiler says that there is no files aversion.h, f2c.h,
> lafnames.h which are in the same directory like lapackpp.h and

Very off-topic:
I might be wrong but I think that Lapackpp requires BLAS, which is a
set of matrix/matrix and matrix/vector operations. Originally written
in Fortran but there are C versions of it (some of which are machine-
translates hence the need for f2c.h (Fortran to C)). Check the
Lapackpp documentation, I expect it to mention something about it.

--
Erik Wikström

John Harrison

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> I am not sure if the problem is in settings because untill today every
> program compiles... Also the problem occures in builder. I will try
> with #include "include/lapackpp" before it was #include "include/
> lapackpp/lapackpp.h"
> Could you try too run it on your compiler?

I don't know how much clearer I can be.

You need to use COMPILER SETTINGS to tell your compiler where to find
the files, you don't need to say #include "this" or #include "that".

Sometimes you need different compiler settings to compile different
programs.

john

Difference and Histroy about inluding of header without h Rainer Heynke C++ 3 09-12-2008 08:43 AM
Q: lapackpp v2.2.0 lib usuage H W C++ 4 04-18-2005 08:29 PM
Re:Q:lapackpp v2.2.0 lib usuage H W C++ 0 04-18-2005 03:45 PM
Inluding a file in ASP+ Andrew Price ASP .Net 10 02-01-2005 03:28 PM