Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > problem in visual stdio 2005 with bison and flex

problem in visual stdio 2005 with bison and flex

eng.sharif@gmail.com

i want use bison and flex in visual stdio 2005 for make small
compiler by use Custom Build Rules in Visual C++ 2005 "FlexBison.rules
file "

but when i compile "example.y" i get error
bison.simple: No such file or directory
bison: Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from
bison
Project : error PRJ0002 : Error result 1 returned from 'C:\WINDOWS
\system32\cmd.exe'.
Build log was saved at "file://c:\Documents and Settings\sharif.SYNRYU
\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\example\example\Debug
\BuildLog.htm"
example - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped
==========
my question is where i will put "bison.exe , bison.simple , flex.exe"
files for use in cv++ 2005

plz help me

Ian Collins

> i want use bison and flex in visual stdio 2005 for make small
> compiler by use Custom Build Rules in Visual C++ 2005 "FlexBison.rules
> file "

Then you'd better ask on a VC++ group, this is off topic here.

--
Ian Collins.

Peter

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>i want use bison and flex in visual stdio 2005 for make small
> compiler by use Custom Build Rules in Visual C++ 2005 "FlexBison.rules
> file "
>
> but when i compile "example.y" i get error
> bison.simple: No such file or directory
> bison: Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from
> bison
> Project : error PRJ0002 : Error result 1 returned from 'C:\WINDOWS
> \system32\cmd.exe'.
> Build log was saved at "file://c:\Documents and Settings\sharif.SYNRYU
> \My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\example\example\Debug
> \BuildLog.htm"
> example - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
> ========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped
> my question is where i will put "bison.exe , bison.simple , flex.exe"
> files for use in cv++ 2005

I guess you did not install bison correctly.

install cygwin -- see www.cygwin.com
This is also helpful for other problems.
Make certain you install the developertools -- I think this is off by
default.