Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > crc-8 and crc-16 code...

Reply
Thread Tools

crc-8 and crc-16 code...

 
 
Mamut
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-21-2007
Hello
Does have anybody procedures for:
CRC-8: polynomial x^8 + x^7 + x^2 + 1
i CRC-16: polynomial x^16 + x^15 + x^2 + 1
?

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Victor Bazarov
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-21-2007
Mamut wrote:
> Does have anybody procedures for:
> CRC-8: polynomial x^8 + x^7 + x^2 + 1
> i CRC-16: polynomial x^16 + x^15 + x^2 + 1
> ?


Have you tried googling for those?


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Mamut
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-21-2007

> Have you tried googling for those?


yes but for this polynomials I can't find...


 
Reply With Quote
 
Victor Bazarov
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-21-2007
Mamut wrote:
>> Have you tried googling for those?

>
> yes but for this polynomials I can't find...


If you just need to calculate polynomials, what's the problem?
Write a function that takes your argument and multiplies and
adds what you need. Example:

// 'n' = degree, 'a' = array of factors (sized n+1)
// 'x' = parameter
double polynomial(double x, double *a, size_t n)
{
double result = a[n];
while (n) {
result *= x;
result += a[--n];
}
return result;
}

Now, all you need is to define the proper arguments...

V
--
Please remove capital 'A's when replying by e-mail
I do not respond to top-posted replies, please don't ask


 
Reply With Quote
 
Mamut
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-22-2007

>
> If you just need to calculate polynomials, what's the problem?
> Write a function that takes your argument and multiplies and


no, I need to calculate CRC sum based on these polinomials and I can't
do this.

 
Reply With Quote
 
Victor Bazarov
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-22-2007
Mamut wrote:
>> If you just need to calculate polynomials, what's the problem?
>> Write a function that takes your argument and multiplies and

>
> no, I need to calculate CRC sum based on these polinomials and I can't
> do this.


This sound like an admission of defeat. What seems to be the problem?
Do you have the algorithm? If yes, have you attempted to convert it
into C++ terms? If yes, do you get compiler errors? If yes, read the
FAQ 5.8. If you don't have the algorithm, we can't help you. Try
posting to comp.programming or search for it on the web. Once you
find the algorithm, try writing it down in C++ terms. If you don't
succeed (and how would you know unless the compiler complains, right?),
post what you have and the errors (IOW, follow the recommendations of
FAQ 5..

V
--
Please remove capital 'A's when replying by e-mail
I do not respond to top-posted replies, please don't ask


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
if and and vs if and,and titi VHDL 4 03-11-2007 05:23 AM



Advertisments