Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > monitor program hard disk activity

monitor program hard disk activity

max

Hi all,

I want to write a program in C/C++ which monitor any hard disk
activity by a particular program which have assigned for WINXP. For
example, the program are going to run like this.. "fileact word.exe",
so it will monitor any harddisk activity produce by word.exe.

What kind of header/library should i include or should i look into??
any info will be great help, at least help by pointing me any website
or example are doing similar jobs.

Thanks & regards,
Max.

Victor Bazarov

max wrote:
> I want to write a program in C/C++ which monitor any hard disk
> activity by a particular program which have assigned for WINXP. For
> example, the program are going to run like this.. "fileact word.exe",
> so it will monitor any harddisk activity produce by word.exe.
>
> What kind of header/library should i include or should i look into??
> any info will be great help, at least help by pointing me any website
> or example are doing similar jobs.

You need to ask in the newsgroup dedicated to Windows XP, since all
device control (hard disk included) is done at the OS level and C++
language does not have any mechanisms for that (neither does C, BTW,
and it's a separate language, if you didn't know).

max

On Feb 9, 11:12 am, "Victor Bazarov" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> max wrote:
> > I want to write a program in C/C++ which monitor any hard disk
> > activity by a particular program which have assigned for WINXP. For
> > example, the program are going to run like this.. "fileact word.exe",
> > so it will monitor any harddisk activity produce by word.exe.

> > What kind of header/library should i include or should i look into??
> > any info will be great help, at least help by pointing me any website
> > or example are doing similar jobs.

> You need to ask in the newsgroup dedicated to Windows XP, since all
> device control (hard disk included) is done at the OS level and C++
> language does not have any mechanisms for that (neither does C, BTW,
> and it's a separate language, if you didn't know).

Ok.. thanks.

max

I know the different between C/C++, since i'm used to be a C++
programmer. i'm hoping someone who have similar experience to share
their knowledge, maybe there is one here.

Thanks.

Victor Bazarov

max wrote:
> I know the different between C/C++, since i'm used to be a C++
> programmer. i'm hoping someone who have similar experience to share
> their knowledge, maybe there is one here.

Most likely there is somebody here who actually has the relevant
experience. It doesn't make it any more topical, however. I am
pretty sure there are men here, and that some of them can share
their knowledge about maintaining good health. But with all the
interest it might generate, it is simply *not topical* in c.l.c++.
Can you grok the topicality concept? Once you do, you'll learn
to appreciate it, trust me.