Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Harvesting and Comparing Screenshots of menus and dialog boxes

Harvesting and Comparing Screenshots of menus and dialog boxes

InfoDevGuy

Hi:

We are a software company. Our product (Dialogue) is very expansive
with lots of menus, dialog boxes, etc in the GUI. We use unstructured
FM 7.2.

Every time we have a new release, undoubtedly some (or many) of the
software's menus and dialog boxes change due to enhancements. This
requires us to identify these changes (somehow) and re-do any
screenshots in our documentation and training materials.

Is anyone aware of a tool that can go through an application and
harvest screenshots of all menus and dialog boxes? Then, would it be
able to compare screenshots of the last version to indicate where
changes have occurred on the GUI?

Any suggestions or resources would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Loren

red floyd

InfoDevGuy wrote:
> Hi:
>
> We are a software company. Our product (Dialogue) is very expansive
> with lots of menus, dialog boxes, etc in the GUI. We use unstructured
> FM 7.2.
>
> Every time we have a new release, undoubtedly some (or many) of the
> software's menus and dialog boxes change due to enhancements. This
> requires us to identify these changes (somehow) and re-do any
> screenshots in our documentation and training materials.
>
> Is anyone aware of a tool that can go through an application and
> harvest screenshots of all menus and dialog boxes? Then, would it be
> able to compare screenshots of the last version to indicate where
> changes have occurred on the GUI?
>
> Any suggestions or resources would be appreciated.

Well, you could post in a topical newsgroup.
http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lit...t.html#faq-5.9.