Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Extracting Images from RTF documents

Extracting Images from RTF documents

ming

Hello,

I have a bunch of documents .DOC and .RTF and I want to extract
just the images from them.
I want to write a small software that will do the following:
Input : vacation.RTF ( or .DOC)
Output : images ( BMP or JPG) in the input file.

Please help..

Alf P. Steinbach

* ming:

> I have a bunch of documents .DOC and .RTF and I want to extract
> just the images from them.
> I want to write a small software that will do the following:
> Input : vacation.RTF ( or .DOC)
> Output : images ( BMP or JPG) in the input file.
>
> Please help..

It seems you're looking for a set of C++ libraries.

You might check out the C++ Libraries FAQ, but I have the impression
that it's not maintained -- or rather, contributed to -- anymore.

Try to search.

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is it such a bad thing?

Ondra Holub

ming napsal:
> Hello,
>
> I have a bunch of documents .DOC and .RTF and I want to extract
> just the images from them.
> I want to write a small software that will do the following:
> Input : vacation.RTF ( or .DOC)
> Output : images ( BMP or JPG) in the input file.
>
> Please help..

You may use API of OpenOffice.org to load and extract pictures from
..doc file. For rtf should exist some more light-weight library then OOo.