Velocity Reviews > General Discussion > Reviews & How-To's > How to: Windows Quick Tip - How to Open up the Pipe!

How to: Windows Quick Tip - How to Open up the Pipe!

Silverstrand Silverstrand is offline
Senior Member
Silverstrand's Avatar
Location: Wisconsin

Windows XP is much better at handling high-speed Internet connections than the "made for dial-up" Windows 98, but there is still one little tweak that can increase your connection speed.
Review Link
**Discuss this how to in this thread only**

Flukemanguy Flukemanguy is offline
Senior Member

Hey, could ya give a detailed report on what this actually does, and how much it speeds it up?

unholy unholy is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia

its great for sync DSL,not async DSL, basicly limits the up to the down speed so u get a fast lactency... ok for webpages not for downloading... thats if i interputed it right

Flukemanguy Flukemanguy is offline
Senior Member

I have ADSL 2mbit, any point in me doing it?

unholy unholy is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia

nope
u have async not sync (eg up kb/s = down kb/s)

Flukemanguy Flukemanguy is offline
Senior Member

Yeh I tried it, and my computer was dling at 120k/byts, without it I am supposed to get 256k/bytish

unholy unholy is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia

what site u downloading from?

PUTALE PUTALE is offline
Senior Member

mmh, thanks for teh info, I will give it a try.

The Modfather The Modfather is offline
Senior Member
The Modfather's Avatar

What about a 10Mbps cable connection? Do anything for that?

XhArD XhArD is offline
Senior Member
Location: Queensland, Australia

youve got 10MB? Wish i had that... im only on 1.5MB ADSL. What download speeds do you get?