Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > OT | Jobless tech exec keeps applying

OT | Jobless tech exec keeps applying

Gary - US

Exactly.....I freakin hate unions. If you don't take your ass and get an
education then you don't deserve big bucks.....sorry asses.

--

Semper Fi & God Bless America,

Gary-US MCNGP #20 & retired Jarhead

http://www.mcngp.tk
The MCNGP Team - We're here to help
** Kindly Do The Needful **

news:ec1D$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > no people need to get educated. if it has made in china on it, (or

france
> > for that matter) dont buy it. if it costs a few quid more so what..

> Some things I can't buy then. Like an American flag for instance.
>
> What kind of computer can I get? Don't AMD and Intel have their
> manufacturing overseas?
>
> I think if you want to help Americans (or in your case Britains) keep

their
> jobs, we need to do away with crap like unions and minimum wage (although

> don't honestly know if that's a problem in Britain). Why the hell should
> unskilled workers get paid large salaries? This just drives companies to
> places overseas for that unskilled labor.

Gary - US

Hell yes......I pay the same. It rocks.

--

Semper Fi & God Bless America,

Gary-US MCNGP #20 & retired Jarhead

http://www.mcngp.tk
The MCNGP Team - We're here to help
** Kindly Do The Needful **

"Maestro" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:027701c3522c$f3b61160$(E-Mail Removed)...
I pay less than 20 dollars a month, but being retired
military doesn't hurt either.

insurance isn't really an
>> > issue in the uk

>> It's really not an issue here either. People just

think it is because
>they
>> don't know any better.

>You're kidding right?
>
>I spend more on health insurance than I do for my house

and car combined.

>--
>Fris "I wish I didn't know any better" beeŽ MCNGP #13
>
>http://www.mcngp.tk
>The MCNGP Team - We're here to help
>
>.

Gary - US

Sounds good to me.

--

Semper Fi & God Bless America,

Gary-US MCNGP #20 & retired Jarhead

http://www.mcngp.tk
The MCNGP Team - We're here to help
** Kindly Do The Needful **

"billyw" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> real handy in a car accident.
>
> "aaaaarrrrgghhhh i'm trapped"
> "not to worry sir, 1 flu jab coming up"
> "bu...."
> "your insurance is invalid, no one is coming, but not to worry as you wait
> on the grim reaper there is little chance of you contracting flu"
>
> is that close?
>
> "Jtyc" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > surely that would depend on your definition of basic.

> > Well I know flu shots are free. Isn't that enough?

billyw

unions serve a purpose..
check and balance

"Gary - US" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Exactly.....I freakin hate unions. If you don't take your ass and get an
> education then you don't deserve big bucks.....sorry asses.
>
> --
>
> Semper Fi & God Bless America,
>
> Gary-US MCNGP #20 & retired Jarhead
>
> http://www.mcngp.tk
> The MCNGP Team - We're here to help
> ** Kindly Do The Needful **
>
> "Jtyc" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:ec1D$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > no people need to get educated. if it has made in china on it, (or

> france
> > > for that matter) dont buy it. if it costs a few quid more so what..

> > Some things I can't buy then. Like an American flag for instance.
> >
> > What kind of computer can I get? Don't AMD and Intel have their
> > manufacturing overseas?
> >
> > I think if you want to help Americans (or in your case Britains) keep

> their
> > jobs, we need to do away with crap like unions and minimum wage

(although
> > don't honestly know if that's a problem in Britain). Why the hell

should
> > unskilled workers get paid large salaries? This just drives companies

> > places overseas for that unskilled labor.

Gary - US

I'll harvest your ass right now. Go away wolfman.

--

Semper Fi & God Bless America,

Gary-US MCNGP #20 & retired Jarhead

http://www.mcngp.tk
The MCNGP Team - We're here to help
** Kindly Do The Needful **

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

http://www.QoD.US/i-54.htm

RichardJW-------------------------------------------------------------------
-----
> RichardJW's Profile:

http://www.examnotes.net/forums/memb...o&userid=75238

billyw

equally the right to bear arms was something set in 1700's.. does that mean
that it's time has passed.
corporate greed will always make sure they go were they can to get the
cheapest labour.
that said most unions are merely a shadow of their former selves, certainly
in the UK where union member ship has been in steep decline for many years.
but like all things they are cyclical. Once outsourcing accelerates things
may change again

"Gary - US" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:OuWG$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Bullshit. They served a purpose but their time has past. As Jtyc said

all
> they do is force employers to pay ridiculously high wages to unskilled
> chuckleheads thereby forcing them to look elsewhere for labor. Unions

suck
> nuts.
>
> --
>
> Semper Fi & God Bless America,
>
> Gary-US MCNGP #20 & retired Jarhead
>
> http://www.mcngp.tk
> The MCNGP Team - We're here to help
> ** Kindly Do The Needful **
>
> "billyw" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> > unions serve a purpose..
> > check and balance
> >
> > "Gary - US" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Exactly.....I freakin hate unions. If you don't take your ass and get

> an
> > > education then you don't deserve big bucks.....sorry asses.
> > >
> > > --
> > >
> > > Semper Fi & God Bless America,
> > >
> > > Gary-US MCNGP #20 & retired Jarhead
> > >
> > > http://www.mcngp.tk
> > > The MCNGP Team - We're here to help
> > > ** Kindly Do The Needful **
> > >
> > > "Jtyc" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:ec1D$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > france

what..

keep
> > > their

> > (although

> > should

companies

Jtyc

> unions serve a purpose..
> check and balance

I gotta tell ya man, having worked with union people, unions are nothing but
bad news. Try to get a union person fired, impossible. Unions perpetuate
the idea that you don't have to work hard in order to achieve. That kind of
thinking is bad for everyone.

Kendal Emery

I lost my first serious job because of the union. They hired me as a union
employee at first, while they groomed into the position they wanted me in.
When the guy in the position retired, I stepped out of the union to take his
position, and the union threw a fit. They kept at management saying that I
shouldn't have left the union, that the job should have been posted as a
union position , and that I HAD to be demoted back to my original position.
After 363 days of this (one more day and I would have lost any seniority in
the job) the union won, and I was put back to a tech position. one month
later, a reduction in force happened in another section of the company, and
a guy with 20 years as a tech, came and took my position, and I was out the
door.

Systems Administrator
Coordinated Home Care
remove me to email to me
news:O#(E-Mail Removed)...
> > unions serve a purpose..
> > check and balance

> I gotta tell ya man, having worked with union people, unions are nothing

but
> bad news. Try to get a union person fired, impossible. Unions perpetuate
> the idea that you don't have to work hard in order to achieve. That kind

of
> thinking is bad for everyone.

Consultant

2 words.... unions suck... uh oh, i feel a haiku coming on

lazy union ass
without it youd have no cash
you have no real skills

"Kendal Emery" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I lost my first serious job because of the union. They hired me as a

union
> employee at first, while they groomed into the position they wanted me in.
> When the guy in the position retired, I stepped out of the union to take

his
> position, and the union threw a fit. They kept at management saying that

> shouldn't have left the union, that the job should have been posted as a
> union position , and that I HAD to be demoted back to my original

position.
> After 363 days of this (one more day and I would have lost any seniority

in
> the job) the union won, and I was put back to a tech position. one month
> later, a reduction in force happened in another section of the company,

and
> a guy with 20 years as a tech, came and took my position, and I was out

the
> door.

> Systems Administrator
> Coordinated Home Care
> (E-Mail Removed)
> remove me to email to me
> "Jtyc" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:O#(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > unions serve a purpose..
> > > check and balance

> > I gotta tell ya man, having worked with union people, unions are nothing

> but
> > bad news. Try to get a union person fired, impossible. Unions

perpetuate
> > the idea that you don't have to work hard in order to achieve. That

kind
> of
> > thinking is bad for everyone.

billyw

i've only been a member of a union once and that was back in '87 and then it
was only for a month or so. But the problem with unions now is that they are
a business.
would you assume that the nice ceo's of the world are always going to treat
you nice.. no they are not.
that said, as someone that has a company, i have no desire to see a union
within 100 yards of me. never been a fan of demarcation

But they do serve a purpose.

news:O%(E-Mail Removed)...