Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > How to control a process execution?

How to control a process execution?

Alok Gupta

Hi There,

I want to develop a small software which can control process execution
as AntiVirus does. That is as soon as any process start execution/
started /executed , my software will put this process in hanging and
display the process information on screen with option to kill it or
allow the execution.

I shall be thankful to you if you can help me in this.

Thanks & Best Regards,
Akg

AliR \(VC++ MVP\)

Try this:

http://www.codeguru.com/cpp/w-p/syst...cle.php/c5715/

AliR.

"Alok Gupta" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Hi There,
>
> I want to develop a small software which can control process execution
> as AntiVirus does. That is as soon as any process start execution/
> started /executed , my software will put this process in hanging and
> display the process information on screen with option to kill it or
> allow the execution.
>
> I shall be thankful to you if you can help me in this.
>
> Thanks & Best Regards,
> Akg

santosh

Alok Gupta wrote:
> Hi There,
>
> I want to develop a small software which can control process execution
> as AntiVirus does. That is as soon as any process start execution/
> started /executed , my software will put this process in hanging and
> display the process information on screen with option to kill it or
> allow the execution.
>
> I shall be thankful to you if you can help me in this.

This group discusses ISO C which has no concept of multiple processes,
let alone controlling them. What you're trying to do is deeply OS
specific. Post to a group that is devoted to your platform like
comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32 or comp.unix.programmer etc.

CBFalconer

Alok Gupta wrote:

> I want to develop a small software which can control process
> execution as AntiVirus does. That is as soon as any process
> start execution/ started /executed , my software will put this
> process in hanging and display the process information on
> screen with option to kill it or allow the execution.

You are off-topic in comp.lang.*. You are also incoherent.
Follow-ups set.

Please observe topicality in cross-posts, and set follow-ups to a
single news-group.

<http://cbfalconer.home.att.net>

David T. Ashley

"Alok Gupta" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Hi There,
>
> I want to develop a small software which can control process execution
> as AntiVirus does. That is as soon as any process start execution/
> started /executed , my software will put this process in hanging and
> display the process information on screen with option to kill it or
> allow the execution.
>
> I shall be thankful to you if you can help me in this.

a)First, wrong newsgroup. There is a newsgroup somewhere out there for
Windows programming -- I think it has Win32 in the name.

b)Second, the classic beginning reference on Windows programming (if you
don't have it already) is the book by Charles Petzold. That may get you
started. I don't know what is the standard recommending reading after that.

c)Third, it is my understanding that the entire Windows API is on
Microsoft's site. I understand the API has grown quite large over time --
something like 3,300 different calls into the operating system are possible.
But Microsoft's site may be of some help.

Advice above offered without warranty.

Most important point: wrong newsgroup!

--
David T. Ashley ((E-Mail Removed))
http://www.e3ft.com (Consulting Home Page)

AliR \(VC++ MVP\)

"Lane Straatman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "CBFalconer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Alok Gupta wrote:

> [whatever]
>> You are off-topic in comp.lang.*. You are also incoherent.
>> Follow-ups set.
>>
>> Please observe topicality in cross-posts, and set follow-ups to a
>> single news-group.

> If OP is MS MVP, then I'm the queen of england. LS

Lane your majesty, you are a comic genius.

So the poor guy made a mistake, how is all this cross posting helping him
understand that he shouldn't cross post. I made a mistake of hitting reply
without looking at the newsgroup list.

AliR.