Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Info on C++ courses

Info on C++ courses

deltaquattro

Hi,

I'm starting to work on a OOP code written in Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0
and I'd like to follow some introductory course. My previous
programming experience is in Fortran 95 and (a bit of) C. Can you point
me to some good course (preferably in Italy, otherwise worldwide)?
Thanks,

greetings,

deltaquattro

Ron Natalie

deltaquattro wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm starting to work on a OOP code written in Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0
> and I'd like to follow some introductory course. My previous
> programming experience is in Fortran 95 and (a bit of) C. Can you point
> me to some good course (preferably in Italy, otherwise worldwide)?
> Thanks,\

What are you, a glutton for the obsolete? VC++ 6 is two major versions
old.

=?iso-8859-1?q?Erik_Wikstr=F6m?=

On Jan 17, 3:43 am, Ron Natalie <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> deltaquattro wrote:
> > Hi,

> > I'm starting to work on a OOP code written in Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0
> > and I'd like to follow some introductory course. My previous
> > programming experience is in Fortran 95 and (a bit of) C. Can you point
> > me to some good course (preferably in Italy, otherwise worldwide)?
> > Thanks,\

> What are you, a glutton for the obsolete? VC++ 6 is two major versions
> old.

Yes, but these things should be measured in years, and VC++ 6 came in
1998 which converted to IT-time is somewhere around early
industrialism.

To the OP:
Sorry, can't help you there but your local college/high
school/university will probably have one. These kind of courses are
quite common (at least in Sweden) so you should be able to find one
without too much trouble, the question is when the next one starts. If
they are anything like those in Sweden I'm afraid that the quality
won't be the best, often combining C and C++ in one course, but you can
always get a good book and study on your own, Accelerated C++ by Koenig
& Moo is highly recommended.

--
Erik Wikström

deltaquattro

Erik Wikström ha scritto:

> On Jan 17, 3:43 am, Ron Natalie <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > deltaquattro wrote:
> > > Hi,

> > > I'm starting to work on a OOP code written in Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0
> > > and I'd like to follow some introductory course. My previous
> > > programming experience is in Fortran 95 and (a bit of) C. Can you point
> > > me to some good course (preferably in Italy, otherwise worldwide)?
> > > Thanks,\

> > What are you, a glutton for the obsolete? VC++ 6 is two major versions
> > old.

> Yes, but these things should be measured in years, and VC++ 6 came in
> 1998 which converted to IT-time is somewhere around early
> industrialism.
>
> To the OP:
> Sorry, can't help you there but your local college/high
> school/university will probably have one. These kind of courses are
> quite common (at least in Sweden) so you should be able to find one
> without too much trouble, the question is when the next one starts. If
> they are anything like those in Sweden I'm afraid that the quality
> won't be the best, often combining C and C++ in one course, but you can
> always get a good book and study on your own, Accelerated C++ by Koenig
> & Moo is highly recommended.
>
> --
> Erik Wikström

Hi, Erik,

thank you for posting an useful reply: I also thought of the
university, but they have six months long courses, and I must be "up
and running" in way less time. Tomorrow I'll get the book by Koenig
which was recommended to me by many. Thanks,

greetings,

deltaquattro

Web Based Cisco Courses Bill F Cisco 1 09-21-2004 11:02 AM
How do I access the Training courses for Office XP? Melissa Whitehead Microsoft Certification 1 08-04-2004 07:22 AM
courses cd's marfado Microsoft Certification 1 04-22-2004 04:42 AM
Re: Info sought on Computeach (C++ courses) Graeme Cogger C++ 1 08-24-2003 08:45 AM
Re: Courses, are they worth it ? AleXT MCSD 0 07-10-2003 09:28 AM

Advertisments