Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > C++ courses

C++ courses

deltaquattro

Hi,

I'll work on an OOP code written in Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0, and I
would like to follow an introductory course on C++. My IT experience is
in Fortran 95 and (a bit of) C. Can you point me to some good course
(preferably in Italy, otherwise worlwide). Thanks,

greetings,

deltaquattro

Tim Slattery

"deltaquattro" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'll work on an OOP code written in Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0, and I
>would like to follow an introductory course on C++. My IT experience is
>in Fortran 95 and (a bit of) C. Can you point me to some good course
>(preferably in Italy, otherwise worlwide). Thanks,

Look for the "Scribble" tutorial in the MSDN library.

--
Tim Slattery
http://members.cox.net/slatteryt

red floyd

Tim Slattery wrote:
> "deltaquattro" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'll work on an OOP code written in Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0, and I
>> would like to follow an introductory course on C++. My IT experience is
>> in Fortran 95 and (a bit of) C. Can you point me to some good course
>> (preferably in Italy, otherwise worlwide). Thanks,

> Look for the "Scribble" tutorial in the MSDN library.

Ugh! No! Learn Standard C++ first (see "Accelerated C++" by Koenig and
Moo), and then if you *must*, learn MFC.

It took me *years* to unlearn bad habits from MFC.

blangela

Come to beautiful Vancouver and take the following 2 C++ courses
offered at the British Columbia Institute of Technology (B.C.I.T.):

http://www.bcit.ca/study/courses/comp2617

http://www.bcit.ca/study/courses/comp2618

Cheers,

Bob

Web Based Cisco Courses Bill F Cisco 1 09-21-2004 11:02 AM
How do I access the Training courses for Office XP? Melissa Whitehead Microsoft Certification 1 08-04-2004 07:22 AM
courses cd's marfado Microsoft Certification 1 04-22-2004 04:42 AM
Study Guides FREE for 70-016 Exam and courses odremanj MCSD 0 09-10-2003 04:45 PM
Re: Courses, are they worth it ? AleXT MCSD 0 07-10-2003 09:28 AM

Advertisments