Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > reply........

reply........

raghav

hi
is multhreading possible with VC++ how should i do it is there any
sample program for dat.....im currently working with VC++ 6.0 and tryin
to implement concurrent insertions in a tree structure how to perform
usin the thread concept in VC++ any codin example plz fwd........

thanks in advance......

Satish

>>is multhreading possible with VC++
Very much possible. I know using critical sections. Check out at
http://www.codeguru.com/cpp/misc/mis...cle.php/c3843/

raghav wrote:
> hi
> is multhreading possible with VC++ how should i do it is there any
> sample program for dat.....im currently working with VC++ 6.0 and tryin
> to implement concurrent insertions in a tree structure how to perform
> usin the thread concept in VC++ any codin example plz fwd........
>
> thanks in advance......

mlimber

raghav wrote:
> is multhreading possible with VC++ how should i do it is there any
> sample program for dat.....im currently working with VC++ 6.0 and tryin
> to implement concurrent insertions in a tree structure how to perform
> usin the thread concept in VC++ any codin example plz fwd........

Threads are not available in standard C++ at present (for what may
happen in the future, see
http://artima.com/cppsource/threads_meeting.html).

You may use a platform-dependent solution like pthreads (ask in
comp.programming.threads), MFC CWinThread (ask in
microsoft.public.vc.mfc or similar), the more portable Boost.Threads
(see docs at http://boost.org/doc/html/threads.html and explanation and
examples at http://www.ddj.com/dept/cpp/18440151, or something else.

Cheers! --M

=?iso-8859-1?q?Erik_Wikstr=F6m?=

On Jan 11, 3:35 pm, "raghav" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> hi
> is multhreading possible with VC++ how should i do it is there any
> sample program for dat.....im currently working with VC++ 6.0 and tryin
> to implement concurrent insertions in a tree structure how to perform
> usin the thread concept in VC++ any codin example plz fwd........

This is off-topic here, check the following link for suggestions where
your question might be answered:

By the way, concurrent insertions in a tree will probably not be
possible if the tree is ordered in some way.

--
Erik Wikström