Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Making a std::string a member of a union ???

Making a std::string a member of a union ???

Peter Olcott

"Simon G Best" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Peter Olcott wrote:
>> "Simon G Best" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Here you say:-

> *"C/C++ Virtual Machine code".*
>
> But then you try to change which interpreter you're referring to:-
>
>> http://root.cern.ch/root/Cint.html

> and say:-
>
>> I was not referring to their interpreter as using virtual machine code,

> Too late.
>
>> this is the interpreter that uses virtual machine byte codes. My
>> implementation is much faster than this one too. Do you really have to be so
>> disagreeable?

> This is silly. I'm done with this.

It would seem to me that you might be a little dense, but, then it is clearly my
fault to some degree for not being reasonably clear enough as you have pointed
out.

> --
> Simon G Best
> What happens if I mention Leader Kibo in my .signature?

Peter Olcott

"Simon G Best" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Peter Olcott wrote:
>> "Simon G Best" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Here you say:-

> *"C/C++ Virtual Machine code".*
>
> But then you try to change which interpreter you're referring to:-
>
>> http://root.cern.ch/root/Cint.html

I referred to this other interpreter in another message, when I said that my
interpreter is much faster than two other interpreters. I can't find that
message now. My ISP is having problems with posting to newsgroups since they
switched to a contractor last summer.

Peter Olcott wrote:

> I referred to this other interpreter in another message, when I said that my
> interpreter is much faster than two other interpreters.

Too late.

--
Simon G Best
What happens if I mention Leader Kibo in my .signature?

Peter Olcott

"Simon G Best" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Peter Olcott wrote:
>>
>> I referred to this other interpreter in another message, when I said that my
>> interpreter is much faster than two other interpreters.

> Too late.

Just for the record and for future reference I will acknowledge that our
communication difficulties do appear to be mostly my fault. They may also be
partly the fault of my ISP dropping posted messages. In any case they do not
appear to be very much your fault. I apologize for my comment to the contrary.

I state this apology in light of a deeper insight into how a particular
component object technology works. From the point of view of this new insight
its looks like your advice was much better that I gave it credit for.

Simon G Best