Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > 255.255.255.255 subnet mask Assignment

255.255.255.255 subnet mask Assignment

Eazzy

Hello,
We had to connect to a local ISP that is using a stange method of connection
for its clients. Anyway, TCP/IP parameters are assigned by their DHCP. Our
PC was assigned a subnet mask of 255.255.255.255
Can anyone pls tell me how is it possible for soch an address to be
assigned?
I'll be gratefull for any response.
Thanx
Eazzy

Eazzy

Never ever! i'm the carefull type
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> eazy e were you ever caught trippin?
>

> "Eazzy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hello,
> > We had to connect to a local ISP that is using a stange method of

> connection
> > for its clients. Anyway, TCP/IP parameters are assigned by their DHCP.

Our
> > PC was assigned a subnet mask of 255.255.255.255
> > Can anyone pls tell me how is it possible for soch an address to be
> > assigned?
> > I'll be gratefull for any response.
> > Thanx
> > Eazzy

Politician Spock

Subnet mask tells the computer what IP addresses are on the same LAN as the
computer and what must be accessed through the gateway. If your ISP wants
every IP address accessed through the gateway it would use a subnet mask of
255.255.255.255.

--
Politician Spock
MCSA, CCEA, MCNGP #15

2003 Star Trek Federation. All rights reserved.

"Eazzy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
> We had to connect to a local ISP that is using a stange method of

connection
> for its clients. Anyway, TCP/IP parameters are assigned by their DHCP. Our
> PC was assigned a subnet mask of 255.255.255.255
> Can anyone pls tell me how is it possible for soch an address to be
> assigned?
> I'll be gratefull for any response.
> Thanx
> Eazzy

Pugleon

All one's in the subnet mask is a broadcast address.
This "broadcast" would be sent to every node in the
network including the default gateway.

computer automatically
>routed to the DF Gateway once it does the ANDing process

and determines it
>to remote (not on the same local network).... EVEN with

a different subnet
>mask such as: /32 (255.255.255.255)???
>
>Thanks, just curious
>

>"Politician Spock" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in

message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Subnet mask tells the computer what IP addresses are

on the same LAN as
>the
>> computer and what must be accessed through the

gateway. If your ISP wants
>> every IP address accessed through the gateway it would

use a subnet mask
>of
>> 255.255.255.255.
>>
>> --
>> Politician Spock
>> MCSA, CCEA, MCNGP #15
>> The MCNGP Team - We're here to help
>>
>> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties,

and confers no
>rights.
>> You assume all risk for your use. Not responsible for

your inability to
>> understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the

imaginary gnomes
>> living in my garden, or William Shatner's acting.
>> 2003 Star Trek Federation. All rights reserved.
>>
>> "Eazzy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Hello,
>> > We had to connect to a local ISP that is using a

stange method of
>> connection
>> > for its clients. Anyway, TCP/IP parameters are

assigned by their DHCP.
>Our
>> > PC was assigned a subnet mask of 255.255.255.255
>> > Can anyone pls tell me how is it possible for soch

an address to be
>> > assigned?
>> > I'll be gratefull for any response.
>> > Thanx
>> > Eazzy
>> >

>.

Eazzy

I posted this question at the same time to 3 diffrents newsgroups, thats why
you saw it their. In any case i could choose to post it to as many groups as
i deemed fit, which would be hardly any of your business. Respect yourself
and stop making useless remarks.
Cheers
Eazzy

"sickntired" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:04b601c3515d$f33d8710$(E-Mail Removed)...
> How the hell many different newsgroups are you going to
> post this question in? It has been answered in at least
> two other NG's that I know of.

ITPro_DLM

Only one IP for the subnet(only one PC).

aznluvsmc

You cannot assign any IP addresses with a subnet mask of 255.255.255.255

---
Sign up to get free daily practice questions at: http://www.QoD.US/i-54.htm
View this thread: http://www.examnotes.net/article1017257.html
aznluvsmc------------------------------------------------------------------------
aznluvsmc's Profile: http://www.examnotes.net/forums/memb...&userid=171382

Gary - US

Every heard of cross posting? How about cross dressing? They are wrong and
you should not do them.

--

Semper Fi & God Bless America,

Gary-US MCNGP #20 & retired Jarhead

http://www.mcngp.tk
The MCNGP Team - We're here to help
** Kindly Do The Needful **

"Eazzy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:OR%(E-Mail Removed)...
> I posted this question at the same time to 3 diffrents newsgroups, thats

why
> you saw it their. In any case i could choose to post it to as many groups

as
> i deemed fit, which would be hardly any of your business. Respect yourself
> and stop making useless remarks.
> Cheers
> Eazzy
>

> "sickntired" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:04b601c3515d$f33d8710$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > How the hell many different newsgroups are you going to
> > post this question in? It has been answered in at least
> > two other NG's that I know of.

hAeW

To answer your question, yes it's possible. Just only one machine in the
subnet.
However, it's not a good thing to crosspost the same question in many group.
If there is the decent moderator here, your thread will be deleted surely.