Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Good Book

Good Book

WELCOME ###

* Windows Form (.Net)
* Language C++
Please who can tell me a good book dealing with the above elements ?
Thank all.
================================

Ian Collins

WELCOME ### wrote:
> * Windows Form (.Net)
> * Language C++
> Please who can tell me a good book dealing with the above elements ?

Why ask on a C group?

--
Ian Collins.

Ian Collins

Ian Collins wrote:
> WELCOME ### wrote:
>
>>* Windows Form (.Net)
>>* Language C++
>>Please who can tell me a good book dealing with the above elements ?

> Why ask on a C group?

Oops, wrong group.... Crawl back under rock.

--
Ian Collins.

=?ISO-8859-2?Q?Rafa=B3?=

WELCOME ### wrote:

> * Windows Form (.Net)

What's Windows? (happy who don't know/need )

> * Language C++

Thinking in C++?

--
Regards,
Rafa³

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Erik_Wikstr=F6m?=

On 2007-01-04 08:03, WELCOME ### wrote:
> * Windows Form (.Net)
> * Language C++
> Please who can tell me a good book dealing with the above elements ?
> Thank all.

Don't know about .Net, ask in a group that deals with such things. For
C++ many recommend _Accelerated C++_ by Koenig and Moo to start with and
sooner or later you'll probably want _The C++ Programming Language_ by
Stroustrup.

--
Erik Wikström

ralpe

WELCOME ### wrote:

> * Windows Form (.Net)
> * Language C++
> Please who can tell me a good book dealing with the above elements ?
> Thank all.

I don't know good books about .Net.

For learning C++ I recommend "Accelerated C++". After that you should
read Dewhursts' "C++ Common Knowlege" and Meyers' "Effective C++ 3d
Ed.". Stroustrup's "The C++ Programming Language" is a good reference.

HTH
Ralpe

WELCOME ###

I have a good idea about C++ as a Language.But I want to know more about
"Windows Form" in C++.
====================================
"ralpe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ps.com...
> WELCOME ### wrote:
>
>> * Windows Form (.Net)
>> * Language C++
>> Please who can tell me a good book dealing with the above elements ?
>> Thank all.

> I don't know good books about .Net.
>
> For learning C++ I recommend "Accelerated C++". After that you should
> read Dewhursts' "C++ Common Knowlege" and Meyers' "Effective C++ 3d
> Ed.". Stroustrup's "The C++ Programming Language" is a good reference.
>
> HTH
> Ralpe

ralpe

WELCOME ### wrote:

> I have a good idea about C++ as a Language.But I want to know more about
> "Windows Form" in C++.

You can't use Windows Forms with Standard C++. You need Microsoft's
Managed C++ for that. I only know about books on Windows Forms that use
C# or VB, but it shouldn't be too hard to translate that to Managed
C++.

ralpe

John Carson

"WELCOME ###" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)
> * Windows Form (.Net)
> * Language C++
> Please who can tell me a good book dealing with the above elements ?
> Thank all.
> ================================

As has been pointed out, you can't do that in Standard C++. You need to use
Managed C++ (now deprecated) or C++/CLI. There are very few books on it. See
here for a couple.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_b/...=c%2B%2B%2Fcli

The place to ask about this stuff is

microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vc

--
John Carson

mlimber

WELCOME ### wrote:
> * Windows Form (.Net)
> * Language C++
> Please who can tell me a good book dealing with the above elements ?

See this FAQ and those following:

and the myriad book reviews at accu.org.

Cheers! --M