Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > 217

Dave Roseblade

Have
>mastered the Transcenders and as many questions as i can
>find on the net and what not, feeling fairly confident

but
>was just wondering from somebody who has taken it what i
>should look out for!!! Thanx Davin
>.

Remember to understand the conceipts, when taking the test
if you don't understand something pick the best answer
mark it and when you have time at the end go back root
out the wrong or last choices.
this helped me. I did pass all my tests and used this
advice.

The technique...

1. Ensure that you have Time Per Question (TPQ) allotment
calculated. (See strategy #7 for more info)

2. Remove the Question Noise (See strategy #6 for more
info)

3. Remember that Interactive Questions count for as much
as
60% of your score - if the 'trouble' question is an
interactive
type question, don't shrug it off and move on - it
could
cost you the exam. (See strategy #5 for more info)

4. Remember 'Experience is not enough', certification
questions are more often than not, written by writers,
not in the trenches, on the front line IT people -
real
life situations are not necessarily what you are being
tested on. (See strategy #4 for more info)

5. Remember the 'Information Overload' technique and
how to handle Distractors (Information Overload).
(See strategy #3 for more info)

6. Be wary of 'Information Warfare' or Dis-information -
information from several sources that contradict each
other - this must be resolved before attempting the
exam.
(See strategy #2 for more info)

* Phase 1...
With each one of these 6 strategies in mind and knowing
the
amount of time you have to handle the question (TPQ),
first
remove the noise - breaking the question down into the
smallest parts and revealing the keywords or phases.
Then, discard the 'Distractors' (Information Overload)

* Phase 2...
With the question noise and distractors now gone,
eliminate
the answer choices that are 'way out there' (usually 1/2
of them
have absolutely no relevancy to the question)

* Phase 3...
With only a few choices now remaining, again scan your
keywords
/ phrases (from strategy #7) and ask yourself 'from the
question
writers perspective' what is he/she really testing me on?

So often the long winded question, with its distractors
and
question noise is really - when it comes down to it -
asking a
very straight forward question. Understanding what
the 'writers'
are attempting to test you on will often reveal the
answer.

70-217 =?Utf-8?B?RC4gWW91bmc=?= Microsoft Certification 0 06-24-2005 04:12 AM
Re: 70-217 Kurt Hudson [MVP] Microsoft Certification 0 04-24-2004 12:24 AM
70-217 certification query Nicole Microsoft Certification 1 08-29-2003 09:01 PM
Re: 70-217 mickey macon MCSE 0 07-14-2003 12:30 AM
Exam 217 Chappy MCSE 1 07-04-2003 09:03 AM

Advertisments