Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Borland's new "Turbo" compilers

Borland's new "Turbo" compilers

Herhor

Recently Borland has been hyping its new line of RADs called "Turbo" as
an ultimate tool for beginning programmers. Are these products really
match for Microsoft's "Visual Studio"?

noone

On Sat, 30 Dec 2006 10:28:39 +0100, Herhor wrote:

> Recently Borland has been hyping its new line of RADs called "Turbo" as an
> ultimate tool for beginning programmers. Are these products really match
> for Microsoft's "Visual Studio"?

Interesting reuse of an old marketing name. the original Borland
compilers were the "turbo" series...back in the early 90s.

Back in those days the "turbo" compilers were a better choice than the M$
tools of that era.

Markus Svilans

Herhor wrote:
> Recently Borland has been hyping its new line of RADs called "Turbo" as
> an ultimate tool for beginning programmers. Are these products really
> match for Microsoft's "Visual Studio"?

When I tried Turbo Delphi a couple of weeks ago, I really liked it. I
have switched to using it for my personal projects.

I haven't tried the new Turbo C++ yet, but if it's anything like Turbo
Delphi, I would definitely recommend trying it.

Tony

"Herhor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:en5bg8$kr4$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Recently Borland has been hyping its new line of RADs called "Turbo" as an
> ultimate tool for beginning programmers. Are these products really match
> for Microsoft's "Visual Studio"?

I examined it a bit a few weeks ago. I'm sticking with VC++ because the
code folding is so much better.

Tony

Mike Smith

noone wrote:
> On Sat, 30 Dec 2006 10:28:39 +0100, Herhor wrote:
>
>> Recently Borland has been hyping its new line of RADs called "Turbo" as an
>> ultimate tool for beginning programmers. Are these products really match
>> for Microsoft's "Visual Studio"?

> Interesting reuse of an old marketing name. the original Borland
> compilers were the "turbo" series...back in the early 90s.

'90s? I was using Turbo Pascal v3 in 1987. I think v1 came out in '84
or '85.

--
Mike Smith