Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Floating point precision

Floating point precision

bpazolli

I need more DECIMAL PLACES!!! INFINITE DECIMAL PLACES!!! YES PLEASE!!!

Help me,
Ben Pazolli

Mike Wahler

"bpazolli" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>I need more DECIMAL PLACES!!! INFINITE DECIMAL PLACES!!! YES PLEASE!!!

C++'s floating point types (float and double) support
a finite amount of precision. If you want more, you'll
need to find or write code to do it. Google would probably
find some already written libraries. But I doubt anyone
has yet reached infinity.

-Mike

John Carson

"bpazolli" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com
> I need more DECIMAL PLACES!!! INFINITE DECIMAL PLACES!!! YES PLEASE!!!
>
> Help me,
> Ben Pazolli

Google for

arbitrary precision arithmetic

--
John Carson

Gianni Mariani

Mike Wahler wrote:
> "bpazolli" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>> I need more DECIMAL PLACES!!! INFINITE DECIMAL PLACES!!! YES PLEASE!!!

> C++'s floating point types (float and double) support
> a finite amount of precision. If you want more, you'll
> need to find or write code to do it. Google would probably
> find some already written libraries. But I doubt anyone
> has yet reached infinity.

Sometimes people mean "arbitrary" when they say "infinite".

see:
http://www.swox.com/gmp/