Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Tools for studying for 70-210- Pls Help

Tools for studying for 70-210- Pls Help

AgentM

Hi,

I am interested in appearing for 70-210 exam ie. Windowws 2000.....

If somebeody can give me tips on the following it will be very helpful:-

1. Which are the good preparation guides for this exam. I am interested
in something that will preapre me quickly for this exam. Pls tell me
about books, study guides and websites.

2. How much time will it require?

3. If there is anybody else out there who wants to team up with me for
this exam, that will be nice too.

Thank you very much.

shaqq

Dude, this topic is old I want to cry.

There is a ton of info on this test on the web.

Don't ask for info that already exists. It wastes
everyone's time.

Start here: www.microsoft.com

AgentM

There is actually too much information there.

If there is anybody out there who has got some positive things to
share, pls post.

Others don't waste your time with stupid remarks, my time and people
like me who have the same deliemna.

licknlabia

Another way to look at the previous response in relation to your future
job...

If you can't disect all of the information on the web, how do you expect to
dissect the information of a problem you have to troubleshoot when you get
10pages of hits coming from google. If you are going to be an effective sys
admin, this is ultimately a skill you are going to need to have....

If you want to be an effective sys admin, there really is no such thing as
too much information as you will always be expected to dissect a lot of
problems that will require you to go through your declared *too much
information*

- peace

"AgentM" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

There is actually too much information there.

If there is anybody out there who has got some positive things to
share, pls post.

Others don't waste your time with stupid remarks, my time and people
like me who have the same deliemna.

Andy Foster

"AgentM" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> There is actually too much information there.
>
> If there is anybody out there who has got some positive things to
> share, pls post.
>
> Others don't waste your time with stupid remarks, my time and people
> like me who have the same deliemna.

There is actually too little information here. It is considered good
practice to quote portions of text that you are replying to.
Many study guides will contain more information than you need to pass the
exam. These are generally known as *good* study guides. The names of some of
them are hidden carefully within this newsgroup.

If there is anybody out there who has got some new and relevant questions to
ask, pls post.

Others don't waste your time asking stupid and/or frequently asked/answered
questions, my time and people like me who see the same posts day after day.

Gary - US

Well put Lickn.

--

Semper Fi & God Bless America,

Gary-US MCNGP #20 & retired Jarhead

http://www.mcngp.tk
The MCNGP Team - We're here to help
** Kindly Do The Needful **

"licknlabia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Another way to look at the previous response in relation to your future
> job...
>
> If you can't disect all of the information on the web, how do you expect

> dissect the information of a problem you have to troubleshoot when you get
> 10pages of hits coming from google. If you are going to be an effective

sys
> admin, this is ultimately a skill you are going to need to have....
>
> If you want to be an effective sys admin, there really is no such thing as
> too much information as you will always be expected to dissect a lot of
> problems that will require you to go through your declared *too much
> information*
>
> - peace
>

> "AgentM" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> There is actually too much information there.
>
> If there is anybody out there who has got some positive things to
> share, pls post.
>
> Others don't waste your time with stupid remarks, my time and people
> like me who have the same deliemna.

Diana K Brown

It really depends on the person. Some learn more by reading, others by
hearing, and others by doing.

The best I have found for most people is to have a multiple approach which
contains most or all variables.

1. Read a good study guide book. I like Sybex, but I do not study computer
languages, I study Networking. Check out your local library or online or at
the local bookstore and look over the different books for your study
subject. Usually something which has the test objectives, clearly explains
those objectives (how-to) with examples, labs or assignments and real world
scenarios are the best overall. You may want something simple and
staight-forward. Depends on how you best take in info.

2. Hand-on practice. This is excellent for those who need to do it to
retain it. It is a must have for me! Practice applying the concepts you
read.

3. Begin practice tests. Even if you know all the info, the testing is
weird to me and I often fail tests when I begon practice. Practice as many
tests as you can until you can make the 90% mark. Gets you in the proper
mindset for the test. EVERY DAY.

4. Instruction Class or group review to study. This is good for more
in-depth understanding of any concept which does not "gel" in your head.
Videos or forums or good alternatives for low-cost learning. Plus real
world experience.

5. Oral questions. helps to have a group question and answer session to
see if you can answer the questions verbally to ensure better understanding.

6. LISTS. If you have memorization for the exam like lists. Then practice
hand writing the lists from memory until you can do it all by memory. Then
you can use the paper or erase pad provided at the exam to dump these memory
specific lists before you begin the exam, so you can use it as a reference
instead of your memory. (It is a great crutch for me, but my memory has
worked Ok after I dump on the provided paper.)

7. PRACTICE EXAMS. Keep practicing on as many exams as you can find until
you get it right!!!

You can also use study guides and exam guides like transcenders, exam-cram
and others, which you can purchase online. Or find free online. Here are
some free sites online: www.mcmcse.com www.certguide.com and search for
free online guides and practice test questions.

"surya" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:076a01c35172$b54d27c0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I too started preparing for 70-210 exam ie windows 2000
> professional few days ago.
>
> Didu get answers for your questions? Any type of help is
> welcome.

=?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE_MCNGP?=

"Diana K Brown" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> It really depends on the person. Some learn more by reading, others by
> hearing, and others by doing.

I vote for number three.

> The best I have found for most people is to have a multiple approach which
> contains most or all variables.

Uh huhuhuh she said "multiple."

> 2. Hand-on practice.

I like this concept, but only one hand?.

> 5. Oral questions.

Uh huhuhuh she said "Oral." I like that concept even more.

> (It is a great crutch for me, but my memory has
> worked Ok after I dump on the provided paper.)

Somehow, this sounds backwards.

--
Fris "R U Hawt?" beeŽ MCNGP #13

www.hawtornot.com

--

Semper Fi & God Bless America,

Gary-US MCNGP #20 & retired Jarhead

http://www.mcngp.tk
The MCNGP Team - We're here to help
** Kindly Do The Needful **

"FrisbeeŽ MCNGP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Diana K Brown" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > It really depends on the person. Some learn more by reading, others by
> > hearing, and others by doing.

> I vote for number three.
>
> > The best I have found for most people is to have a multiple approach

which
> > contains most or all variables.

> Uh huhuhuh she said "multiple."
>
> > 2. Hand-on practice.

> I like this concept, but only one hand?.
>
> > 5. Oral questions.

> Uh huhuhuh she said "Oral." I like that concept even more.
>
> > (It is a great crutch for me, but my memory has
> > worked Ok after I dump on the provided paper.)

> Somehow, this sounds backwards.
>

> --
> Fris "R U Hawt?" beeŽ MCNGP #13
>
> http://www.mcngp.tk
> The MCNGP Team - We're here to help

bit189

Contact me at http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed). i also do 210 next month

URGENT - Pls help...pls recommend - laptop purchase irfansmith@gmail.com Computer Information 2 08-15-2008 11:34 PM
Studying help Peter Merrifield MCDST 1 07-17-2006 07:20 AM
Help me to start studying 70-300 ??? =?Utf-8?B?c2VyZ2UgY2FsZGVyYXJh?= MCSD 3 02-02-2006 04:24 PM
What Java tools/application should I use for this... pls help.. Krist Java 1 08-06-2004 09:24 AM
pls, help.. i need a number..pls olabanji timothy MCSE 7 09-10-2003 04:02 PM

Advertisments