Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > compilers

compilers

michaelborsellino@gmail.com

hey guys, i have a problem, i've been searching all over the internet
for a free decent c++ compiler, i need some recomendations!!!

Larry Smith

> hey guys, i have a problem, i've been searching all over the internet
> for a free decent c++ compiler, i need some recomendations!!!

For what Operating System?

Windows - perhaps MS VC++ Express
http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/default.aspx
or mingw http://www.mingw.org/

Unix/Linux - gcc/g++
often provided with the OS

Ivan Novick

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> hey guys, i have a problem, i've been searching all over the internet
> for a free decent c++ compiler, i need some recomendations!!!

Umm, use g++, half the world does.
http://gcc.gnu.org/

----
Ivan
http://www.0x4849.net

Kevin Rouge

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> hey guys, i have a problem, i've been searching all over the internet
> for a free decent c++ compiler, i need some recomendations!!!

You can also try Borland's site for a free compiler.

Ivan Novick

Kevin Rouge wrote:
> You can also try Borland's site for a free compiler.

Does it work on linux? I haven't heard much good (or much at all)
about their compilers lately? Do you know if they are keeping it
current.

Thanks,

----
Ivan
http://www.0x4849.net

happyvalley

MingW with codeblocks IDE

or ms studio express

Ivan Novick wrote:
> Kevin Rouge wrote:
> > You can also try Borland's site for a free compiler.

> Does it work on linux? I haven't heard much good (or much at all)
> about their compilers lately? Do you know if they are keeping it
> current.
>
> Thanks,
>
> ----
> Ivan
> http://www.0x4849.net

Ondra Holub

(E-Mail Removed) napsal:
> hey guys, i have a problem, i've been searching all over the internet
> for a free decent c++ compiler, i need some recomendations!!!

You can see some list of free tools here
http://www.freebyte.com/programming/cpp/#cppcompilers

commercial c compilers vs free c compilers geletine C Programming 33 07-07-2006 05:21 AM
i2c and compilers embyembu VHDL 0 02-22-2006 02:52 PM
Comparing compilers erik.dellamonica@gmail.com VHDL 4 12-06-2005 02:49 PM
Job Posting: EDA Compilers, Santa Clara, CA, USA hr@tharas.com VHDL 0 04-06-2005 11:37 PM
Command line compilers Julian Hershel ASP .Net 2 04-30-2004 09:18 PM

Advertisments