Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Re: OT:Cisco??

Re: OT:Cisco??

billyw

yup there is. but it is not cisco sponsored, but good all the same.
it's in one of the alt groups

"networking student" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:0b9501c34c6f$e178d860$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Does anyone know if cisco has a discussion forum for their
> certs? Please let me know if they do. I have looked at
> www.cisco.com but could not find anything.

Pugleon

Cisco do have there own forum as well. But you have to be
a member of the Cisco networking acadamy to use it. Which
means studying Cisco at a registered Cisco training
centre.

But I've used it a few times, and there isn't many that
post to it to be honest. Not very helpfull or busy at
all...

Better off trying on of the other forums with cisco
related articles and posts. As for studying Cisco please
be aware that between the router simulators, and
constantly changing question pool in the exam. And lets
not forget the 849/1000 required to pass... Unlike with
MCSE you really have to know your stuff. So you can't
dump and pass.

Which I think is great. But then I've passed it...

Dumpers steer clear. Actually don't. Go waist your
money

billyw

alt.certification.cisco

"networking student" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:010501c34c76$fa7d1860$(E-Mail Removed)...
> bily w. PLease post the link to the site (alt group) you
> are talking about. Thanks in advance.

networking student

What did you use to study for (and pass) the cisco exams?

Gary - US

Damn that was a toughie.....

--

Semper Fi & God Bless America,

Gary-US MCNGP #20 & retired Jarhead

http://www.mcngp.tk
The MCNGP Team - We're here to help
** Kindly Do The Needful **

"billyw" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> alt.certification.cisco
>

> "networking student" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:010501c34c76$fa7d1860$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > bily w. PLease post the link to the site (alt group) you
> > are talking about. Thanks in advance.

billyw

yup i can understand why he wouldn't be able to find it..
it took me ages to find. about 5 secs using ol exp..

amazing the uselessnes of some people

"Gary - US" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Damn that was a toughie.....
>
> --
>
> Semper Fi & God Bless America,
>
> Gary-US MCNGP #20 & retired Jarhead
>
> http://www.mcngp.tk
> The MCNGP Team - We're here to help
> ** Kindly Do The Needful **
>
> "billyw" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> > alt.certification.cisco
> >

> > "networking student" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:010501c34c76$fa7d1860$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > bily w. PLease post the link to the site (alt group) you
> > > are talking about. Thanks in advance.

Chris Wong

I'd recommend Cisco Press material for the CCNA. It has good reference and
tips, especially the subnetting section. There's a new version of the exam,
so be sure to buy the most current material.

http://www.ciscopress.com

--

Chris Wong
A+, Server+, Network+, Linux+,

"networking student" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:0c1301c34c7c$99bd94e0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> What did you use to study for (and pass) the cisco exams?

Pugleon

Yeah. Absolutly... The 640-607 exam will expire in
September. And be replaced with two seperate exams. One
for general networking, and one for router and
switches... There books are expensive, so if you can find
the latest v3.0 curriculum it has the same material as
the book...

And good luck with it...