Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > mcse nt4

Reply
Thread Tools

mcse nt4

 
 
ywerther
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-16-2003
Hi guys,
For a long time I was just 1 elective short of MCSE NT4
(long story). Any way I just passed the ISA Server exam
which according to
www.microsoft.com/traincert/mcp/mcse/nttrack.asp is a
valid elective for mcse nt4. How long should it take to
receive the notice in the mail? Would this mcse take
longer than 2000 or 2003?
Thanks,
Matt
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Zenner
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-17-2003
It will NEVER come! You missed the boat, The parrot is No more, It has
ceased to exist.

Seriously, The NT-based MCSE is closed. Most of the certifications are no
obsolete, you will unfortunately need to start again. If you had achieved
MCSE-NT, you could have at least gotten create for that milestone. Check the
Microsoft training and cert site to see what you can salvage.


"ywerther" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:039f01c34bcb$af063610$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi guys,
> For a long time I was just 1 elective short of MCSE NT4
> (long story). Any way I just passed the ISA Server exam
> which according to
> www.microsoft.com/traincert/mcp/mcse/nttrack.asp is a
> valid elective for mcse nt4. How long should it take to
> receive the notice in the mail? Would this mcse take
> longer than 2000 or 2003?
> Thanks,
> Matt



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Politician Spock
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-18-2003
Actually, you are wrong. From the site:
http://www.microsoft.com/TrainCert/h...nnouncefaq.asp

***
Q.I passed the MCSE on Windows NT 4.0 core exams before February 28, 2001.
However, I haven't passed my elective exams yet. May I still earn the MCSE
on Windows NT 4.0 certification?

A.If you passed all MCSE on Windows NT 4.0 required exams while they were
still available, you may still continue to earn your MCSE on Windows NT 4.0
using exams that are currently being offered.
***

As for when he will receive a notice in the mail, he may never get one as
they may not be printing NT 4.0 certs anymore. However, the Secure MCP site
will show on his transcript that he is an MCSE on NT 4.0

--
Politician Spock
MCSA, CCEA, MCNGP #15
The MCNGP Team - We're here to help

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
You assume all risk for your use. Not responsible for your inability to
understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary gnomes
living in my garden, or William Shatner's acting.
2003 Star Trek Federation. All rights reserved.

"Zenner" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> It will NEVER come! You missed the boat, The parrot is No more, It has
> ceased to exist.
>
> Seriously, The NT-based MCSE is closed. Most of the certifications are no
> obsolete, you will unfortunately need to start again. If you had achieved
> MCSE-NT, you could have at least gotten create for that milestone. Check

the
> Microsoft training and cert site to see what you can salvage.
>
>
> "ywerther" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:039f01c34bcb$af063610$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi guys,
> > For a long time I was just 1 elective short of MCSE NT4
> > (long story). Any way I just passed the ISA Server exam
> > which according to
> > www.microsoft.com/traincert/mcp/mcse/nttrack.asp is a
> > valid elective for mcse nt4. How long should it take to
> > receive the notice in the mail? Would this mcse take
> > longer than 2000 or 2003?
> > Thanks,
> > Matt

>
>


 
Reply With Quote
 
Beoweolf
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-18-2003
Much as it pains me to say so...it appears you may be correct. So much for
depending on half read, half remembered info.

In that case, I suggest, as I should have in the first place, that he
contact Microsoft and request verification as well as implement request for
shipment of much delayed NT welcome kit.

IF it all works out, let me be one of the first to Welcome MCSE NT to the
exalted brotherhood of MCSE's.

"Politician Spock" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Actually, you are wrong. From the site:
> http://www.microsoft.com/TrainCert/h...nnouncefaq.asp
>
> ***
> Q.I passed the MCSE on Windows NT 4.0 core exams before February 28, 2001.
> However, I haven't passed my elective exams yet. May I still earn the MCSE
> on Windows NT 4.0 certification?
>
> A.If you passed all MCSE on Windows NT 4.0 required exams while they were
> still available, you may still continue to earn your MCSE on Windows NT

4.0
> using exams that are currently being offered.
> ***
>
> As for when he will receive a notice in the mail, he may never get one as
> they may not be printing NT 4.0 certs anymore. However, the Secure MCP

site
> will show on his transcript that he is an MCSE on NT 4.0
>
> --
> Politician Spock
> MCSA, CCEA, MCNGP #15
> The MCNGP Team - We're here to help
>
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no

rights.
> You assume all risk for your use. Not responsible for your inability to
> understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary gnomes
> living in my garden, or William Shatner's acting.
> 2003 Star Trek Federation. All rights reserved.
>
> "Zenner" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > It will NEVER come! You missed the boat, The parrot is No more, It has
> > ceased to exist.
> >
> > Seriously, The NT-based MCSE is closed. Most of the certifications are

no
> > obsolete, you will unfortunately need to start again. If you had

achieved
> > MCSE-NT, you could have at least gotten create for that milestone. Check

> the
> > Microsoft training and cert site to see what you can salvage.
> >
> >
> > "ywerther" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:039f01c34bcb$af063610$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Hi guys,
> > > For a long time I was just 1 elective short of MCSE NT4
> > > (long story). Any way I just passed the ISA Server exam
> > > which according to
> > > www.microsoft.com/traincert/mcp/mcse/nttrack.asp is a
> > > valid elective for mcse nt4. How long should it take to
> > > receive the notice in the mail? Would this mcse take
> > > longer than 2000 or 2003?
> > > Thanks,
> > > Matt

> >
> >

>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Sasquatch
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-18-2003
I wonder if it would show up on his MS Transcript. I think they are using
versions now like MCSE Windows 2000 and MCSE Windows 2003. If it was on the
transcript at least he could print something.
"Beoweolf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:VhVRa.230$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> Much as it pains me to say so...it appears you may be correct. So much for
> depending on half read, half remembered info.
>
> In that case, I suggest, as I should have in the first place, that he
> contact Microsoft and request verification as well as implement request

for
> shipment of much delayed NT welcome kit.
>
> IF it all works out, let me be one of the first to Welcome MCSE NT to the
> exalted brotherhood of MCSE's.
>
> "Politician Spock" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Actually, you are wrong. From the site:
> > http://www.microsoft.com/TrainCert/h...nnouncefaq.asp
> >
> > ***
> > Q.I passed the MCSE on Windows NT 4.0 core exams before February 28,

2001.
> > However, I haven't passed my elective exams yet. May I still earn the

MCSE
> > on Windows NT 4.0 certification?
> >
> > A.If you passed all MCSE on Windows NT 4.0 required exams while they

were
> > still available, you may still continue to earn your MCSE on Windows NT

> 4.0
> > using exams that are currently being offered.
> > ***
> >
> > As for when he will receive a notice in the mail, he may never get one

as
> > they may not be printing NT 4.0 certs anymore. However, the Secure MCP

> site
> > will show on his transcript that he is an MCSE on NT 4.0
> >
> > --
> > Politician Spock
> > MCSA, CCEA, MCNGP #15
> > The MCNGP Team - We're here to help
> >
> > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no

> rights.
> > You assume all risk for your use. Not responsible for your inability to
> > understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary gnomes
> > living in my garden, or William Shatner's acting.
> > 2003 Star Trek Federation. All rights reserved.
> >
> > "Zenner" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > It will NEVER come! You missed the boat, The parrot is No more, It has
> > > ceased to exist.
> > >
> > > Seriously, The NT-based MCSE is closed. Most of the certifications are

> no
> > > obsolete, you will unfortunately need to start again. If you had

> achieved
> > > MCSE-NT, you could have at least gotten create for that milestone.

Check
> > the
> > > Microsoft training and cert site to see what you can salvage.
> > >
> > >
> > > "ywerther" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:039f01c34bcb$af063610$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > > Hi guys,
> > > > For a long time I was just 1 elective short of MCSE NT4
> > > > (long story). Any way I just passed the ISA Server exam
> > > > which according to
> > > > www.microsoft.com/traincert/mcp/mcse/nttrack.asp is a
> > > > valid elective for mcse nt4. How long should it take to
> > > > receive the notice in the mail? Would this mcse take
> > > > longer than 2000 or 2003?
> > > > Thanks,
> > > > Matt
> > >
> > >

> >

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
As an MCSE NT4, and MCP 2003 working toward MCSE: Security 2003 - why MCDST? Ryan Webb MCDST 2 09-03-2004 12:16 AM
From MCSE Server NT4.0 to Server 2003 Sebastian Nogueyra Microsoft Certification 1 07-18-2004 08:25 AM
NT4 Electives for MCSE 2000 Tony Stark MCSE 3 12-10-2003 12:15 AM
MCSE NT4.0 Pete MCSE 4 11-30-2003 11:58 AM
NT4/Exchange55 Mcse, Now what... Rob MCSE 3 10-30-2003 12:11 AM



Advertisments