Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Howto use FFT(W) algortihm in VC++

Howto use FFT(W) algortihm in VC++

Matthias Pospiech

I need a fast and reliable FFT algorithm in C++. I found a C algorithm
on the webseite http://www.fftw.org/index.html (FFTW).

But I am stuck at the point howto actually use the algortihm and comile
it myself.

I would be gratefull if somebody could point me to some website with
further information or give me a short introduction.

Other FFT algorithms are welcome as well.

Matthias

Victor Bazarov

stevenj@alum.mit.edu

Matthias Pospiech wrote:
> I need a fast and reliable FFT algorithm in C++. I found a C algorithm
> on the webseite http://www.fftw.org/index.html (FFTW).
>
> But I am stuck at the point howto actually use the algortihm and comile
> it myself.

A precompiled FFTW library for Windows is at fftw.org/windows.html

Documentation on how to use it can be found in the FFTW manual
(fftw.org/doc).

> Other FFT algorithms are welcome as well.

Many FFT implementations are linked to from fftw.org/links.html

Regards,
Steven G. Johnson

PS. As another poster pointed out, this is not really the right
newsgroup for VC++ questions.