Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > MCSE for non-IT professional

MCSE for non-IT professional

Andy

Is the MCSE certification strictly for IT Professionals?
How about someone who's fed up with his/her current job
and has a desire to enter the IT field? Is the MCSE a good
way to start?

billyw

you could use it as a spring board after doing some other studying
and also have a home network of some sort.

that said the market is tough right now...

there are peeps with the certs, the exp, and they can't get a life.. never
mind a job

"Andy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:00b401c34aeb$13060f00$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is the MCSE certification strictly for IT Professionals?
> How about someone who's fed up with his/her current job
> and has a desire to enter the IT field? Is the MCSE a good
> way to start?

Politician Spock

"Andy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:00b401c34aeb$13060f00$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is the MCSE certification strictly for IT Professionals?
> How about someone who's fed up with his/her current job
> and has a desire to enter the IT field? Is the MCSE a good
> way to start?

If you read Microsoft's website, they say a candidate should have at least a
year of experience. Microsoft does not consider the cert to be an entry
level milestone, though the industry disagrees.

--
Politician Spock
MCSA, CCEA, MCNGP #15

2003 Star Trek Federation. All rights reserved.

Popeye

The MCSE is a good starting point. It will definitely not
assure you a new job as, with most jobs nowadays,
experience counts. What it will give you is an idea of
what is needed to succeed in the IT field. Unfortunately
what you learn today is obsolete tomorrow, so work fast.
the least it will give you is further education, and thats
never a bad thing. There are lots of Jobs out there that
having MCSE knowledge will benefit.

What it will also do, and wrongly so, is make you feel
like you are the cleverest person around (see consultant,
keyboard cowboy, politician spock and others not worthy of
mention). You've no doubt picked that up from being in
these newsgroups. Stay away from here if you want to learn
anything, or join in, it's always good for a laugh!!!

john63401@yahoo.com

>There are lots of Jobs out there that
>having MCSE knowledge will benefit.

Im curious....

What other jobs would it be of a benefit?

If not IT..... where ===> is <===== the money and
opportunity now days?

Jtyc

> If not IT..... where ===> is <===== the money and
> opportunity now days?

That's easy. Suing anybody that makes food is where the money is at.

Consultant

pimpin

but it aint easy

news(E-Mail Removed)...

john63401@yahoo.com

>Become a Nurse. 65k/year to start in LA

Ive heard that.

Seriously ..... I know the health field is dying for
help right now.

But.... I just don't have that in me.

Other ideas?

Rhenier Labuschagne

Selling insurance

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> >There are lots of Jobs out there that
> >having MCSE knowledge will benefit.

> Im curious....
>
> What other jobs would it be of a benefit?
>
> If not IT..... where ===> is <===== the money and
> opportunity now days?

Consultant

chippendale dancer?