Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Your prefered revision control software (off-topic)

Your prefered revision control software (off-topic)

Peter v. N.

Hi,

What are you C++ people using when it comes
to source code management?

Do you go the open source way (CVS, SVN) or
commercial (Perforce (c))?

Any recommendations? Why did you choose what you
are using right now?

Sorry that this post is slightly off-topic, but
you always give good answers to stupid questions ;-P

Cheers,
Peter

Victor Bazarov

Peter v. N. wrote:
> What are you C++ people using when it comes
> to source code management?
> [..]
> Sorry that this post is slightly off-topic,

*Slightly*? What are we C++ people wearing to work,
shirts or pull-overs? Are you kidding?!

Try comp.software-eng, please. Or your OS newsgroup.

> but
> you always give good answers to stupid questions ;-P

This question is not stupid. It's *misplaced*.

Markus Svilans

Peter v. N. wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What are you C++ people using when it comes
> to source code management?
>
> Do you go the open source way (CVS, SVN) or
> commercial (Perforce (c))?
>
> Any recommendations? Why did you choose what you
> are using right now?
>
> Sorry that this post is slightly off-topic, but
> you always give good answers to stupid questions ;-P
>
> Cheers,
> Peter

Hi Peter,

I use Subversion because:

1. It's reliable (for the small to medium size projects I work on)
2. Free
3. The super cool TortoiseSVN shell integration tool (for Windows)
4. You can use it with any IDE, or no IDE at all

Regards,
Markus.

Thomas Matthews

Peter v. N. wrote:

> Hi,
>
> What are you C++ people using when it comes
> to source code management?
>
> Do you go the open source way (CVS, SVN) or
> commercial (Perforce (c))?
>
> Any recommendations? Why did you choose what you
> are using right now?
>
> Cheers,
> Peter

At my employers I have used PVCS and currently
using Clearcase.

--
Thomas Matthews

C++ newsgroup welcome message: