Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > NT 4.0 -- Domain Name Questoin

NT 4.0 -- Domain Name Questoin

Eric

Old school question regarding NT 4.0 domains. Can the domain name for an NT
4.0 domain contain the @ symbol. For example: dom@NT

Not the computer name (not the name of the PDC or the BDC), but the domain
itself. Can it have the @ symbol?

Somchai U.

Check the KB Q188997 for valid characters in NetBIOS Name. These symbols are
valid: ! @ # $ % ^ & ( ) - _ ' { } . ~ I think the NT Domain name is
NetBIOS, this rule can be applied.

However, I do not see any benefit for using @ inside domain name. Unless
your system live and die with NT, you should use DNS compatible name
(without dot).

Somchai

"Eric" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Old school question regarding NT 4.0 domains. Can the domain name for an

NT
> 4.0 domain contain the @ symbol. For example: dom@NT
>
> Not the computer name (not the name of the PDC or the BDC), but the domain
> itself. Can it have the @ symbol?

Frédéric

Domain name has to follow the netbios naming convention, so yes the domain
name could be dom@nt

In theory though because personnally I would prefer to test it to make sure
that it works, unfortunately I don't have an NT server with me right now.

--
Frédéric
MCP, CIWA, i-Net+, A+

QinQ questoin arne Cisco 0 01-10-2006 06:30 PM
Another questoin... text not showing up DaKitty HTML 8 11-22-2004 12:21 AM

Advertisments